Phalanx 2015 - Report

Started by Norm, 20 June 2015, 10:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Great Day out. Picked up a pre-order of WWII from Leon and then got Marines and Alien armies from their Sci-Fi range. Also 'discovered' Total Battle scenics and took a couple of ruins from them. So thanks Leon / Dave - a very enjoyable day.

LINK TO MY BLOGGED REPORT - http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/phalanx-wargame-show-2015.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Good report on what looked to be a very good show :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Great report and pictures !
Cheers - Phil

Bodvoc

That is a great report, I really enjoyed reading that, cheers!
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Leman

Great report. What a great day out. I had a good chat with Dave and Leon (who's just saved my presence on the forum - thanks again) and took the plunge into The Pacific War by buying a Bolivian army pack. Had a good look at them at home and they are terrific figures, with some even featuring the scarves worn by elite units. The mountain guns are also lovely sculpts. Thanks Norm for the kind words about my Renaissance Venetian pikes.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

JeffNNN

Norm

The guy who does the SoA one page thing at Phalanx is Martin Charlesworth. He seemed to win all his games this year, usually if I watch his dice luck deserts him but my influence must be waning.

Norm

Thanks, I will amend the post so that he is no longer anonymous.