World of Tanks... tanks

Started by Wulf, 10 June 2015, 06:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

I recently got into the online game World of Tanks. Sad, I know...  :-[

However, it's fun, and I get to look at lots of lovely tanks (briefly, before they shoot me). Especially the ones in my own 'garage' (which get shot. A lot.). I fancied getting a set of 10mm minis of the lot of them, but there are, naturally, some gaps in the collection. I'm posting this here in the hope someone knows of a 10/12mm or close thereto mini for the missing ones. These are my garage full...

Hotchkiss H35 - got it
Panzer 35(t) - available, I'll get one soon
Marder 38T - actually the Marder III, again available - anyone know which 'version' the Pendraken one is, they changed quite a bit?
Hetzer - easily available
StuG IIIG - that too
Wespe - and that
Cruiser Mk.II - AKA A10 - A10 CS in my case, have to give mine a thicker barrel  :D Already got one.
Covenanter - none I know of! Anyone know of one in 10mm?
Valentine - mine is up to Valentine XI standard, available as the X, is there much difference barring barrel thickness?
Matilda - got some
Churchill - a poor representation, with the open tracks & hull howitzer of the I, but the turret of later versions & an excessively long 75mm gun. I'll call it a Mk IV and get one
Sexton I - available, but is the Pendraken one the Mk I or II?
Ram II - anyone make this lovely lovely tank?
T-60 - available
BT-2 - mine is actually up to BT-5 standard, and I have some already
BT-7 - got some
T-46 - I doubt this is available, anyone know differently?
T-50 - another unlikely one, anyone make it?
T-28 - got some, but I won't give them the ludicrously long 57mm gun from the game...
T-34 - mine is now 1943 model, but with another excessively long gun. Seems to be a theme here... I can get this (the ones I have are earlier models)

I may not keep the Wespe or the T-28, and I intend to get an Archer & a KV-1 (both available as  minis) and possibly another higher Tier SPG (Grille, likely). I'm unlikely to stray above Tier V, possibly to VI with another Churchill & a Cromwell. Anyone assist with my gaps?

fred.

WRT the Britsh tanks - your after some obscure stuff!

The Valentine XI and X should be similar enough.
Coventor - not seen one, even though huge numbers were made it never saw active service. An A13 is pretty close in looks
Ram - Pithead do a Ram kangaroo APC  which is perhaps the closest.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Wulf

Quote from: fred    12df on 10 June 2015, 12:40:12 PM
WRT the Britsh tanks - your after some obscure stuff!
It's the Soviets that I have a problem with - 2 prototypes in my list!
QuoteCoventor - not seen one, even though huge numbers were made it never saw active service. An A13 is pretty close in looks
Hmm... will make do
QuoteRam - Pithead do a Ram kangaroo APC  which is perhaps the closest.
With a modified M4 turret... that might do the trick!

Thanks.

toxicpixie

QuoteCoventor - not seen one, even though huge numbers were made it never saw active service. An A13 is pretty close in looks

There's piccies of them on active deployment in the Western Desert :) Current evidence suggests something like half a dozen saw active service :D

More details are on the forum somewhere, it came up a month or so back...

QuoteI'm unlikely to stray above Tier V, possibly to VI with another Churchill & a Cromwell.

You say that now... see you at Tier X!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Wulf

Quote from: toxicpixie on 10 June 2015, 03:25:20 PMThere's piccies of them on active deployment in the Western Desert :) Current evidence suggests something like half a dozen saw active service :D
Ooh... now I'm happy  :D
QuoteYou say that now... see you at Tier X!
Don't think so, I'm happier in WWII with tanks with proper names, no 'Objects'. Stuff that actually drove around (so, I'm happy about the Covenantor - but the Ram is so damn good I'll forgive it). And the higher tiers seem to have a disproportionate percentage of knobs...

toxicpixie

High Tier play tends to be unforgiving; they expect you to be consistently good :D

I'm not bad, but I play less than hardcore amounts of time and play way to many different tanks to really be in the groove, and might well be distracted so I'm certainly not up to scratch for some ;) That said there are some jaw droppingly shocking drivers out there...

I mostly drive my IS series or the ever fun JagdTiger 88; it may be Premium but it's ace. Does virtually no damage per shot but can cherry pick a track at 400 metres then pick on weak spots then track the target then pick on weak shots then... and there's enough bad players that a little angling and positioning can turn the "armour is full of really easily exploitable six foot wide weak spots" into "nyer nyer you can't pen me!" fun :D

Almost as much fun as the E-75, now there's a brick!

I used to be very anti - NOT PROPER WW2 TANKS. Stupid game. If I'd written it, things would be different mark my words! Then I relaxed and just treat it as fantasy :D

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Wulf

My favourites - currently, it'll change in 10 minutes - are the Hotchkiss H35, Matilda & Churchill. It's wonderful just driving at the enemy soaking up shots and keeping on firing. Then someone spoils the fun... ANd then there's the two BTs and the Covenanter I use primarily to hunt Pz IC...

The Ram II has, however, been the best buy I've made in video gaming in many years. It is a fantastic little (well, big...) bruiser, well able to slug it out, ram, or snipe. It just costs a fortune (in credits, I only ever actually pay for garage slots & tanks with cash) to keep using APDS to keep up damage with the 6 pounder.

Wulf

To reiterate a previous question, is the PD Marder III the one with the gun in the centre, or at the rear?

Fenton

Quote from: toxicpixie on 10 June 2015, 04:52:16 PM
That said there are some jaw droppingly shocking drivers out there...

That will be me
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

toxicpixie

Given I nearly got killed three times coming Back from the club tonight i take it back. You guys in tanks are great compared to Birmingham drivers! That's an average of about one per mile :S

I really liked the Covenanter, was great fun. The Churchill is a great 'troll tank' - against people who don't know where to shoot you you can just go ding-ding-ding all day and use the cracking RoF of the 6pdr to great effect! I don't have a Ram but I do like a meaty Medium. The Sherman Jumbo was quite good fun for that but I do really like the basic Sherman with the big 105mm. Mobile enough and armoured to get in, unload a huge DERP onto some one and drive off again to the next target :D

Wulf

Quote from: toxicpixie on 10 June 2015, 11:13:25 PMThe Sherman Jumbo was quite good fun for that but I do really like the basic Sherman with the big 105mm. Mobile enough and armoured to get in, unload a huge DERP onto some one and drive off again to the next target :D
I have the Cruiser II with 4.7" howitzer for that, and that's Tier III. 12 second basic reload time though... And the Matilda & Churchill have 3" howitzer options, and the Hetzer has a 10.5 cm...

Lots of Big Bang options.

No opinions on the Pendraken Marder though?

Last Hussar

Ive pretty much stopped playing the computer version, but I made my aim: Churchill VII, T34, PzIV, and Sherman.

Playing the tablet version a lot, and am just below getting there.

Not to worried about theTigers and could have beens
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

toxicpixie

I didn't think I was fussed about the Tiger till I drove it, and it's a great beast. Actually, all the Tier 7 Heavies I've driven were good, but different - they really nailed the tanks there!

Tiger is a solid, meaty beast with a great accurate gun. IS was pretty mobile, pretty bouncy, has a lot of punch but not much accuracy. KV-3 was awesome - it might not be very mobile OR accurate but you can drive any game with the confidence you're a total armour plated brick with a huge cannon. And the Yank T-29 is a real tank - body is ok, but that turret... oj that turret! And the gun... lovely...

The Cruiser with the derp is a laugh, especially when you catch a high Tier by surprise :D BLAMMO :D The reload is a killer though and it's not quite mobile OR armoured enough to run away if someones  still alive to shoot you back :D

No idea about the Marder model, sorry!

Wulf

Quote from: toxicpixie on 11 June 2015, 12:51:13 AMThe Cruiser with the derp is a laugh, especially when you catch a high Tier by surprise :D BLAMMO :D The reload is a killer though and it's not quite mobile OR armoured enough to run away if someones  still alive to shoot you back :D
I hit a Matilda once, did 90% of his damage in one hit. He retreated quickly, was never seen again as far as I can tell, and survived still at 10% health!
QuoteNo idea about the Marder model, sorry!
Doesn't seem to be very popular...

barbarian

I have one, I'd say it is based on a 38T.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!