Dwarves vs Dragonmen.... will the fighting never end? Another AAR

Started by stenicplus, 13 June 2015, 07:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

stenicplus

Quote from: mad lemmey on 13 June 2015, 08:46:32 AM
Great report, nice photos too.
Poor dragon! :(

Thanks.

The dragon did far more in that game than he did on Monday club night against Mike with High Elves, Dave was so keen to try it out it got sent off on its own with no support... lasted all of turn 1  ;D

If you must send in a dragon unsupported do it when you move 2nd, otherwise you get mobbed.

Steve J

Great report and the stubborness of the Dwarves clearly paid off.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Techno

Fenton

I am presuming you are using 28mm figures? What size bases did you go with?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

stenicplus

Quote from: Fenton on 13 June 2015, 10:41:59 AM
I am presuming you are using 28mm figures? What size bases did you go with?

Yes, 28mm. We use 120mm wide by 60mm deep. Means we can use stands from HOTT/DBx amd FOG without having to rebase so better chance of getting people in our group to play. I took the plunge and did rebase as I like the larger vignette style bases.

Fenton

Cheers I thought you might have increased the base size as you say fits in with many other systems

Good battle report and sounds exciting
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Luddite

Excellent work sirs! What did you think of the dragon? Useful? Also, how did not including spell casters change the game?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN