Armada

Started by Ithoriel, 29 May 2015, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Ithoriel on 20 January 2016, 07:59:08 PM
To scale with the ships infantry would need to be 0.5mm tall!

Do you want me to make some ? ......I've always got bits of spare putty.  :D

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno on 25 January 2016, 04:43:27 PM
Do you want me to make some ? ......I've always got bits of spare putty.  :D

Cheers - Phil

You need to get the cut of the jackets right :)

More seriously, I've ordered up a few quids worth of Irregular 2mm. At around twelve quid for enough blocks of figures to do several of the smaller actions at 1:1 figure ratio it seemed foolish to pass up the chance.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D

I've made 6mm stuff...and I could imagine the processes involved in 2mm.....But smaller than that.............................  :-\
Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Possibly.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

GrumpyOldMan

25 January 2016, 08:32:54 PM #50 Last Edit: 25 January 2016, 09:32:28 PM by GrumpyOldMan
Quote from: d_Guy on 25 January 2016, 04:05:41 PM
Well Ithoriel
After coming back several times and looking at your pics and reading through this thread, I couldn't stand it any longer -
Just ordered the Anglo/Dutch starter packs from Tumbling Dice! I like gridded games and what you are doing but realize your rules are
still a WIP. Do you (or anyone) know of rules that might work for the earlier Anglo/Dutch wars?

Hello d_Guy

Have a look at http://wdwgamers.weebly.com/uploads/2/3/2/0/23200634/1666__anglo_dutch_war_rules.doc

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

d_Guy

Grumpy - thank you!
Hex grid - designed for 1/2400 and early A/D wars - easy to follow - looks like a great intro to the age of sail gaming!  =D>
Sleep with clean hands ...

paulr

Looks a good basic set of rules with a bit of period flavour :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!