Show: Colours, Newbury

Started by Leon, 27 May 2015, 01:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

Colours is back as a 1-day show this year, so we're really looking forward to seeing how it goes.  It's being held on the 12th September at Newbury Racecourse, and more info can be found here: http://nrwc.org.uk/colours

We'll need your pre-orders in before Saturday 5th September please!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

I imagine it will be rather busy and somewhat hectic, being only a one-day show. Does anyone know if they still running the competition games? Still awaiting news on our demo game but will be on the Bruce Weigle games for some of the day no matter what. Looking forward to it as it is my favourite show.

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 27 May 2015, 03:12:41 PM
I imagine it will be rather busy and somewhat hectic, being only a one-day show. Does anyone know if they still running the competition games? Still awaiting news on our demo game but will be on the Bruce Weigle games for some of the day no matter what. Looking forward to it as it is my favourite show.

We've not had any more information on it yet, just the initial booking form that we sent off late last year.  I'm hoping to see some advertising/promo for it soon, as it's only a little over 3 months away.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Damn! It's a second Saturday again, which is my monthly walking day with the local walking group.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 27 May 2015, 08:53:28 AM
Hope to see you there. :)

Me too  :D

Have to get that poll organised to see who's buying the drinks...  ;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Steve J

QuoteDamn! It's a second Saturday again, which is my monthly walking day with the local walking group.

Get them to either walk Newbury racecourse or the nearby Civil War battlefield ;) :D.

Leman

Bit of a trek for a day out from Formby.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Well full details of demo games and traders are finally up on their website:

http://www.nrwc.org.uk/colours

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be less demo games this year compared to previous ones. For anyone attending I will be helping out on the Double Six Gamers table as well as the Grand Tactical Games one. Craig (Tiny Terrain) has done a sterling job on the former, which is a modern skirmish game set in a fictional African country. Bruce Weigle's table is sure to be stunning and is 1871 Franco-Prussian War.

So who else is going? I know some forum members are due to help out on Bruce's table, but it's always good to put faces to names at shows. Hope to see some of you there.

Leon

There's also a lot less traders this year, the 2013 show had over 90 companies, but only 62 this time around including no Dave Thomas. 

This is probably not a bad thing in the short term, as any drop in visitor numbers this year due to the format change won't be felt as badly amongst the traders.  If the visitors turn out and supoprt the show as usual then they can look at increasing the trader numbers again in the future.

8)

Steve J

A 30% drop in traders is quite large  :o.

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 01 September 2015, 07:24:07 AM
A 30% drop in traders is quite large  :o.

Indeed, and I'm not sure what the reason behind it is.  Hopefully the club have cut the numbers due to the year off and the rearranged one-day format, keeping the trader levels lower in case the visitor numbers drop substantially.  There may also be some natural casualties, either companies who are not around anymore, have stopped doing as many shows, or found themselves a replacement show in 2014.  I'd suspect the latter would include Dave Thomas as he does a lot of the continental shows, so he might have found a weekend away in Europe somewhere that brings in comparitive sales in a sunnier climate...!

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Well hope to see you there Mollinary. Are you on Bruce's table for a bit by any chance?

mollinary

Quote from: Steve J on 01 September 2015, 06:34:50 PM
Well hope to see you there Mollinary. Are you on Bruce's table for a bit by any chance?

That is my general intention, General!  :D. See you there.  The usual carnation and rolled up copy of the Times as recognition aids, I assume?  ;)

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!