Joseph Stalin III tank (JS-3 / IS-3)

Started by marshall1945, 25 May 2015, 10:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshall1945

Got these on a recent visit to the Pendraken premises (nice to see you Leon and your place of work - surprisingly tidy and well organised operation, having last visited a miniatures manufacturer back in the 70s which was certainly neither!). A company ready now for some Berlin 1945 scenarios:

http://smww2andnapoleonic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/joseph-stalin-iii-tank-js-3-is-3.html

Steve
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Ah, nostalgic! My first Airfix tank was a JS3.  :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

FierceKitty

My first was a Lee. I still remember my delight at a little turret on top, with an extra-little turret on that.
About forty years later, here I am married to a Lee. Truly the child is father of the man.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

marshall1945

my first tank kit was probably an Airfix Tiger 1, it was certainly one of the first. My first ever kit was a Matchbox aircraft, the BAC Strikemaster Mk.80/86 when I was about 7. I was more interested in tanks though through the years. Matchbox kits went together much better than Airfix which were often pigs to make - Churchill being the worst with all those individual wheels.

I got about 8 or 9 Airfix JS-3s from my cousin in my teens (all made) but then I converted them in to JS-152s with plasticard. The guns were dowel rods I put in an electric drill and machined with my Dad's chisels.
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

First kit was Stephenson's Rocket bought, iirc, in 1962.

To the best of my recollection I've never had a model IS3!

However, recently played a game of BKC notionally set in or around Kummersdorf in May 1945 involving both IS3s and a Maus and eventually devolving into the tank equivalent of Monitor vs. Merrimac!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

I can't remember what my first model kit would have been, and it was s lot more recent than I's. I've got a re-collection of a 1/12th scale French napoleonic infantry man? But would be hard pressed to confirm if it was my first kit. Lots of early kits were aircraft, then there were lots of the polythene ones that came in the airfix playsets.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

I think my first kit was a Spitfire.  :-\
Can't remember making many planes...and I'm sure I never made a tank.

Can remember making Henry VIII.....(1/12 scale ?).....a knight of some sort, and a 'skelington'.

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

My First kit was a Foker DR1 in one of those nice airfix plastic bags

Quote from: Ithoriel on 25 May 2015, 03:29:42 PM
First kit was Stephenson's Rocket bought, iirc, in 1962.

I am sure there are a few digs in this for Techno, but as I am in his bad books I will l;eave it for someone else to pick this up  ;)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson