New Warband Barbarians now available!

Started by Leon, 24 May 2015, 12:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Did someone say "Leave me alone", pile it on lads pile it on.

Phil - the horses need mucking out.

IanS

(And I bet he thought i wuz goin to say WORK FASTER)  :-* :-*
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 25 May 2015, 07:31:01 AM
Yes.... You are. :P

.....Got nothing better to do.....Let's all pick on Phil."  :P

Not at 06:21 at the end of a long shift I need all the help I can get. :)

They are very nice sculps though.

Perhaps the previous sculptor was left handed ? 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 25 May 2015, 07:12:46 PM
Perhaps the previous sculptor was left handed ? 

That's quite possibly true. :-\
I'm right handed.....It feels 'natural' (and for some reason. easier) to make all my wee soldiers right handed too.
Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 25 May 2015, 07:17:03 PM
That's quite possibly true. :-\
I'm right handed.....It feels 'natural' (and for some reason. easier) to make all my wee soldiers right handed too.
Cheers - Phil

Perhaps we should go back to the Olden days and burn all lefties at the stake?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What a waste of good stakes!

Fillet, blue... If you're asking.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Upgraydd

For my Barbarian army I was looking at just going completely mobile with Bison riders and Mammoths mainly,  but those catapults look tops. So my plan is to mount the catapults onto the backs of the Mammoths as a mobile artillery force, I'm not too sure how practical it will be but should be fun to do.

FierceKitty

Lefties are winners. Martina Navratilova and Alexander should prove my point. Oh, and that other Alexander from Macedonia too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

WeeWars

Quote from: Upgraydd on 25 May 2015, 11:24:28 PM
For my Barbarian army I was looking at just going completely mobile with Bison riders and Mammoths mainly,  but those catapults look tops. So my plan is to mount the catapults onto the backs of the Mammoths as a mobile artillery force, I'm not too sure how practical it will be but should be fun to do.

That sounds like a plan!
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just placed an order so I can boost mine to full 100x50 bases. :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

A bison/mammoth heavy list will be a serious glass cannon warband.

It'll be insanely spectacular! Especially if the shaman can get off a few well timed 'summon the gods of storm and flame' spells.  Ouch!   :o ;D X_X

Can't wait to see how it fares on the battlefield.  If it can survive the advance, I reckon it would make mincemeat of even the staunchest hill dwarf 'bow & bombard' line.

I suspect the chieftain's job will be mainly bolstering protection values.   ;)
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Subedai

Quote from: Upgraydd on 25 May 2015, 11:24:28 PM

Move over Matt and Qubilai and your mobile command post. This man is thinking of mounting a catapult across the backs of four of dem mammoffy fings! Winner!!!
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Dave Fielder

TMP got a bit confused over scales: http://theminiaturespage.com/news/talk/msg.mv?id=1870491544 ... make 10MM in BIG letters next time... ;-)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leon

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 26 May 2015, 10:24:10 PM
TMP got a bit confused over scales: http://theminiaturespage.com/news/talk/msg.mv?id=1870491544 ... make 10MM in BIG letters next time... ;-)

Oops, forgot to add it in after I copied and pasted the announcement from here.  I'll make sure to remember next time!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!