Aaaarrgghhhh!

Started by FierceKitty, 22 May 2015, 02:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Assembling chariots is the worst job in the business!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Except perhaps wing-struts in biplanes, and I don't do moderns anyway.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Bi-planes - MODERNS ????????

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

WWI 6mm plane struts are soul destroying.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

I'd agree with both of those, one reason I really liked the "one piece" castings for the Newline Designs Trojan/Mycenaean chariots... they got painted up surprisingly quickly!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

I've been putting together Newlines Indians. 11 pieces for each vehicle. On the up side, they look marvelous. Newlines and Pendraken mix very well.

toxicpixie

That they do!

Eleven pieces? Three crew, chariot body, two wheels, four horses and a yoke?

At least light chariots only have two horses and two crew ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

I couldn't resist making it four crew. At least I held back from six.

toxicpixie

I'm impressed you could squeeze the extra bloke in!

I always have trouble with stated numbers of crew let alone wedging in extras :)

FierceKitty

You and me both, brother!

toxicpixie

I now envision you with a chariot stuck to your fingers, and crew figures fallen on the floor...

This might be inspired by me currently sticking guns together and past experience with chariots ;)

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 May 2015, 04:00:25 PM
I've been putting together Newlines Indians. 11 pieces for each vehicle. On the up side, they look marvelous. Newlines and Pendraken mix very well.

With the exception of the elephants. Newline elephants dwaf the Pendraken ones
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

I've got both, but haven't compared them yet. I have the Pendraken ones too, but converted into Moghul beasties.

toxicpixie

Would the Newline's work better as "fantasy" elephants, where such beasts seem to be a bit over sized?

FierceKitty

They look pretty good as they are. As long as I don't put 'em next to Pendraken ones.