Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
21 January 2021, 03:31:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Peninsular Napoleonic project is complete, updates coming soon!
314668 Posts in 18217 Topics by 2280 Members
Latest Member: Luigi1848
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Napoleonic/Mid 19th C. Requests
| | | |-+  1809 Tyrolean insurgent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1809 Tyrolean insurgent  (Read 374 times)
golem
Cadet

« on: 29 November 2020, 04:18:13 PM »

A handful of figures of 1809 Tyrolean insurgent

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2020, 12:56:27 AM »

That's an interesting request and quite a distinctive appearance!  I'll make a note of the suggestion and we'll see what we can do at some point.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4200 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
John Cook
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2020, 02:18:12 AM »

The picture by Knotel is based on the famous picture of Andreas Hofer.  I'm not sure it is typical of all Tyrolean insurgents.
Zippee
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2020, 06:59:38 AM »

Agreed,
although some 'Hoffer' types based on that illustration would add the right touch and flavour for the Tyrol.

Mostly though we'd benefit from a small Insurgency Range of rather generic armed civilians in a mixture of headgear from corsehuts and kobluz to top hats. Bicornes to floppy hats and stocking caps. And a range of jackets from short bolleros to overcoats not dissimilar to the landwehr - in fact such a range would also be good for the 'worst sort of insurrection ' troops as well and should mix in well with Spanish guerillas.

It's worth remembering there were insurgencies all across Europe and the Balkans throughout the wars and many of the forces deployed along the fringes of the main campaigns were little more than ragged militia or armed civilians. I'd recommend not getting too caught up in specific regional dress and keeping the bulk rather generic.

I also think some British marines and Greek Light Infantry would mix well with such a range for the Mediterranean as would armed sailors and naval guns.

golem
Cadet

« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2020, 04:06:43 PM »

Thanks!

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: