wanted crew figures for Sd.Kfz. 251's

Started by Womble67, 05 May 2015, 10:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Womble67

Quote from: Hertsblue on 08 May 2015, 10:05:28 AM
True, but a machine-gunner fore and aft that one didn't have to butcher wouldn't come amiss.

Another good idea. And that figure could maybe also be used for different vehicles to.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Ithoriel on 05 May 2015, 11:56:49 PM
Not really interested in guys sitting down on the bench seats but a gunner for the MG or 37mm would be of interest.

Quote from: Hertsblue on 08 May 2015, 10:05:28 AM
True, but a machine-gunner fore and aft that one didn't have to butcher wouldn't come amiss.

Agreement! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

lentulus

Crew for everything open topped!  Baseless, slim, designed for the job.  At the moment, this is sending me to pithead for any open topped vehicle.

Ithoriel

I just got a bag of artillerymen from Pendraken and use those to crew SPGs and the like.

Specific crew for every open topped vehicle sounds like lots of expense for not much return to be honest.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Wulf

Above all else they would have to be skinny and short (or cut off at the knees).

Ithoriel

I cut the artillerymen off at the ankle, dot a bit of paint on each leg, position figure in vehicle, drill holes where paint blobs are with a pin vice, glue figures into drilled holes, undercoat and paint vehicle and crew.

paulr

What a cunningly simple way to work out where to drill the holes :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lentulus

I had a heck of a job getting two lads into an SU-76 and I had 1:160 Minifigs figures to use.

Wulf

Yeah, PD figures are lovely, but a bit hefty compared to the tanks...

I remember especially buying some 1930 era civilian cars in 1:144 from Shapeways. You could barely squeeze a single PD figure into one, and it's supposed to have 4 seats...