New 5mm dice and frames now available!

Started by Leon, 04 May 2015, 11:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

With the continued popularity of our Dice Frames, we've been trying to source 5mm dice for some time now.  Last month we found ourselves a supplier and this week 12,000 tiny 5mm dice arrived at Pendraken/Minibits HQ!

So, with the dice now here, we've added them all to the Minibits website, both with the corresponding 5mm frames and on their own.  We've got 8 colours available at the moment:

- White
- Red
- Blue
- Green
- Black
- Orange
- Purple
- Grey

... priced at 60p per bag of 10 dice, or £1.00 per bag with frames.

5mm Dice - http://www.minibits.net/Dice-D6-c14/Extra-Small-5mm-Dice-sc114/
5mm Dice Frames - http://www.minibits.net/Hit-Marker-Dice-Frames-c22/5mm-Frames-sc61/

8)

An an example of the frames in use on the back of a Fantasy base for Pendraken's 'Warband' rules:
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

capthugeca

Oh poo! I put an order in for the 7mm ones over the weekend.  :'(
Leon, please would it be possible to change my order to the 5mm ones?

Hugh
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Leon

Quote from: capthugeca on 05 May 2015, 07:04:25 PM

Yep, no bother at all, I'll go and make a note of that now.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

capthugeca

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

petercooman

Quote from: capthugeca on 05 May 2015, 07:04:25 PM

Hugh

Ha, my 7mm dice and frames arrived yesterday  ;D

But no worries, that' s small enough!

Leon

These new 5mm's are absolutely tiny, if you ever drop them on the floor I wouldn't have much hope of finding them again...

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leon on 06 May 2015, 10:42:21 AM
These new 5mm's are absolutely tiny, if you ever drop them on the floor I wouldn't have much hope of finding them again...

I find it easier to run my hands lightly over the area and feel for them than to actually look for them.

I bought 50 5mm dice from Irregular a decade ago, I still have 48.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Luddite

Quote from: Ithoriel on 06 May 2015, 10:47:55 AM
I find it easier to run my hands lightly over the area and feel for them than to actually look for them.

Clearly you've never seen the carpet in our clubhouse... :-&
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Ithoriel

I'm not saying I haven't used antibacterial hand cleanser on self and the die afterwards :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Luddite

Quote from: Ithoriel on 06 May 2015, 02:51:02 PM
I'm not saying I haven't used antibacterial hand cleanser on self and the die afterwards :)

;D   X_X
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 06 May 2015, 10:42:21 AM

I have some that i used for epic games, i was smart enough to order them in light yellow, easier to spot  ;D

Last Hussar

Can someone do me a favour - post a pic of a frame and die on a penny as a base: it can be a plain penny I need a idea of size.  Also how many frames can you get on a 2p.

All my stuff is based and I'm not sure I want to rebase just to put a frame on, so I'll add a separate one behind the unit on the penny.  I might do a multi frame base (hence the 2p) so I can track multiple things - IABSM Kills/Shock/Reserved dice comes to mind - use different colours for each stat.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

5mm Dice frames on a 1p and 2p piece

Last Hussar

I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry