Hello from San Diego

Started by Coffeefiend, 04 May 2015, 03:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

04 May 2015, 12:06:58 PM #15 Last Edit: 04 May 2015, 12:08:54 PM by Westmarcher
Quote from: Hertsblue on 04 May 2015, 11:41:36 AM
The Regiment du Ray, on the other hand, was last seen hightailing it back to base because of heavy rain.
;D

Quote from: Hertsblue on 04 May 2015, 11:41:36 AM
Secondly, at the risk of being thought a smart-arse, may I point out that Fontenoy was not a SYW battle at all, but part of the War of the Austrian Succession of 1745. There, I feel a lot better for that.  ;)  

I didn't like to say.  [-(
I'm sure Mike knows what he's doing (don't you? Quick. Say, "yes") - SYW French figures without turnbacks (one presumes) should be fine.

Nobby and Grumpy - stay behind after school, please.  *swishes cane*  :d
Although, perhaps Grumpy could be let off with some extra homework (?) coz he did say he had no real expertise in the 7YW.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fsn

Awww! Sir! Sir! Not fair Sir! The bigger boys made me do it!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Vamboozle

Hello and welcome to a peculiarly British corner off the interweb.

Was lucky enough to be in San Diego last year - beautiful city. Particularly enjoyed the maritime museum where I was once again reminded that I'm not built for submarines.  :D
Old enough to know better

Luddite

Hi,

Wecome to you in the beautiful city of San Diego!

My wife's family lives there and i hope to visit sometime - i'd LOVE to make it over for Comicon.

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

T13A

Welcome.

SYW French one of my favourite armies, have them in 15mm (before Pendraken) and 10mm of course.

Just waiting for some light troops ......

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Leon

Hi Mike, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

It should be mentioned that the troops for the Austrian war of Succession are mostly to be found in the Pendraken SYW range. Plenty of French to be found there with fullskirts appropriate to the 1740s.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

howayman

Welcome Mike. Enjoy, but be careful here, look what a simple hello generates.  ;)

Coffeefiend

Thank you one and all for the welcomes, and I hope to uphold the standards and honor of this forum, but first a few ground rules.

1) There will be no staying after school. I teach high school and I do not want to stay the any longer then needed!

That's it. No more rules.

Hertsblue, yup, Fontenoy was WAS not SYW. SYW French (couldn't really think of another three letter word) with no turn backs would be better then WSS, but I am glad that you feel better  8)

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Westmarcher

Quote from: Westmarcher on 04 May 2015, 09:24:31 AM
That is some amount rainfall, Grumpy. Where in Oz are you?

I'm in Bellingen which is near Coffs Harbour, NSW. We're used to heavy rainfall, the river in town rose 8m, which is an average decent flood, but the rain came down very heavily, very quickly and flash flooded the creeks in town (and stressed the lining in my eaves  :( ).

Quote from: Westmarcher on 04 May 2015, 12:06:58 PM
Nobby and Grumpy - stay behind after school, please.  *swishes cane*  :d
Although, perhaps Grumpy could be let off with some extra homework (?) coz he did say he had no real expertise in the 7YW.

I'm using the defence that I was passing on hearsay information ie from Coffeeefiend himself. See, see,.... he admitted it himself, sir. Besides he's a teacher and was only probably testing us to see if you people knew. Who cares about Little Lord Fontenoy anyway.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Dave Fielder

Haven't been to San Diego for years ... it was a quick trip to the Zoo when we were in LA. Hope to visit next year with the kids, big fly drive hopefully. SYW is definitely the way ahead along with ACW, FPW, Medieval, Ancients, WW1, Napoleonic ... any everything else of course.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis