SSQ ezine number 1

Started by Fenton, 26 April 2015, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Womble67

I really enjoyed reading it particularly liked fsn article.  And the font was fine for me.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Well done all, an interesting read  :)

I also particularly liked FSN's article, well done Nobby.
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jambo1

That's my reading for this morning!! m/

Ironduke

Downloads are going out at a fair rate of knots, better than expected!! All in 24hours. Thanks Pendrsken for the support and yo the contributors, response has been amazing
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!

xccam

I have only skimmed it so far and it's definitely good and interesting!
I would echo the comments on  the use of Papyrus, it is easily readable but frankly to my eye looks a tad unprofessional.
A couple of typos here and there but overall extremely solid!

Leman

As above. Hopefully contributors will come up with more historical articles as well.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

Early days yet but deserves a round of applause for a reasonably good first issue. On the 3 out of 6 articles on Warband, I liked the first about the rules themselves, attention wandered on the Battle Report (sorry, my fault - I'm a historical fan) and I avoided the last in case there were any spoilers (way, way behind on my Game of Thrones viewing). If only one Battle Report per quarter, shouldn't impinge too much on the "Batreps" section on the Forum. Interesting to read fsn's journey to 10mm - would be interesting to read about other members' journeys (or would that usurp the role of "In the Line of Fire"?).  No problems with the font and whilst not entirely against the 2 column format, I had a minor issue with having to scroll back up the page to read the second column (I suppose I could always try printing it for a leisurely read later). Well done and good luck.  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ironduke

Hi all, time to turn my attentions to the ezine for the end of July. Apologies I've been busy with a project so not been active but I'm afraid I'm back! If anyone's got anything they'd like to share, terrain building, battle reports an army showcase would be nice. Let me know chaps. I'll make the suggested improvements to the ezine. We've got some minis to review from Microworld and a delicious rorkes drift to check out too. Some new releases and planned stuff from Leven minis, word is its fantasy stuff but didn't tell you that.
Usual email address

craigarmstrong1973@gmail.com

Ironduke

Forgot to mention, a dip into sword and spear and Leman says more historic please, plus we've got another article from Steve about WB a really nice article, I enjoyed it muchly

Leman

Ironduke - just explained the mat system, attempted to insert photos and it erased al my text. Will try again tomorrow as no time at present.

jchaos79

I miss the ezine! I ve been out of the hobby for several weeks!

good work! I like it!

Leman

01 July 2015, 08:13:11 AM #26 Last Edit: 01 July 2015, 08:15:42 AM by Leman

The above mat was made using the lime green faux mink throw available through Amazon. It costs about £18. When I received mine I waited for a dry day and then threw it over the washing line. I then randomly sprayed it with acrylic matt sand and matt dark green and that's it. It is interesting to note, however, that it comes with the two sides of different lengths. The photo shows the short side, set up for a 6mm game, although the buildings shown are 3mm scale. I think this is the side that should be used with 15mm scale and below. The fur on the other side is twice as long and works well with larger figure scales.

I hope you can make use of this Ironduke as I am unable to post photos via email.

Ironduke

Thankyou Leman, great mat, really like the finished effect. I'm sure readers will like a cheap roll up alternative. Finished article would rival any commercial product.