LOA

Started by ali657, 23 April 2015, 10:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

If your using a phone or tablet to post there is a nice app for androids called photo resizer which works well

Great figures Ali, look great
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

Very nice technique with superb shadow.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

ali657

Cheers guys, this has been a useful painting experiment. Normally I base coat then wash, then base coat again. Then a mid coat then highlight, then I wash specific areas and highlight these and then I will black line any areas that need it and probably add a highlight to the highlights and generally faff about for ages. These were done with a base coat then highlight or just highlight over the primer and lots of primer showing, which gives them lots of contrast and makes them quick to paint. And at arms length these stand out and look better then the faffed about with figures, a case of less is more.
                 Cheers Al.
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Quote from: barbarian on 23 April 2015, 10:11:28 PM
Guys, press "CTRL + -" several times to reduce the image, it looks great.

Why would you want to reduce them down? Blow them up - they still look great!
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

ali657

Must admit I like close ups, so I can see how others paint. But I suppose it is a bit unnatural and can be a bit unflattering.
          Cheers Al.

Bunny

Really nice work Ali

ali657

A few more on the way.

fred.

I do like the look of these, most excellent!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Hear, hear !  8)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are beautiful!
And the cuff buttons, wow! How?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ali657

Hi Lemmey, a spot of black then a spot of gold undiluted on top. The thick gold stands proud of the surface and the black just shows around the outline, easy but quite effective. Hope that makes sense cheers Al.

Glorfindel

Great colours, lots of contrast and precise brushwork.   These are
very, very nice.   We are certainly blessed with some talented LOA
painters.

I'd be interested to know what Regiments you're painting up ?

Phil

ali657

Cheers Phil, they are Danish regiments. The white coats are Garden til fods (foot guards) and the green are Fynske (Funen) whatever that means. Probably both wrong on many counts but they look quite nice😊
              Cheers Al.

toxicpixie

They're *really* vibrant, lovely!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Hertsblue

Excellent, Al. And Funen (Fyn) is the third largest of the Danish islands, from which the regiment was recruited.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net