Battle on the GreenSpyke River

Started by Bodvoc, 24 April 2015, 01:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodvoc

24 April 2015, 01:39:46 PM Last Edit: 24 April 2015, 02:00:17 PM by Bodvoc
So, after last weeks 4 player game, this week we had a 5 player game. Sadly, being a numpty I left my gadget at home so no photo's this week.
After his glorious victory last week baron Ironhelm decided not pay his orcish allies and not surprisingly they went on the rampage. gathering extra Dragon Men forces he chased after the Orcs eventually finding them far along the GreenSpyke Valley, close to the Elf Lands. Unfortunately for Baron Ironhelm the orcs had now allied themselves with the barabrians who they had helped defeat last week.
So the game was set up with 2 DragonMen players on one side with baron Ironhelm in charge of Initiative throws, setting up opposite were the Orcs with their barbarian allies. But to cater for a 5th player we had a single unit of Wood Elf scouts deplyed at random in one of 3 woods on the table plus a Wild dragon ramapging down from the mountain tops.
Baron Ironhelm deployed mainly to the west of the greenSpyke River with his ally, Baron Tuda on the eastern side.The Barabrian came against Baron Ironhelm with the Orcs mainly facing Baron Tuda. The Wood Elves ended up deployed to the side of the Orcs and promptly started to harass them with bow fire. The wild dragon flew down and alo attacked the Orcs, flanking their unit of Trolls. After a mighty scrap baron Ironhelm lost out to the barabrians having lost his dragon to the barbarian Shaman blasting it with magic. Baron Tuda had advanced more slowly into the Orcs but again after a long fight the Orcs proved victorious and bot DragonMen forces fled.
For Initiative the player controlling the elves and the dragon just threw a dice for each and we worked through the game sequence from that. The elves never left the safety of their forest home and the rogue dragon just attacked whoever was nearest.
Another great fun game enjoyed by all. Sadly due to work and family stuff i can't play again for a few weeks. However, I have now persuaded another of my regular friends to get his Pendraken ratmen out of the attic and he is starting to rebase them for Warband, we are currently devising a list for them.      
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sounds cracking Bodvoc.
Like the random dragon element for the elves. Makes sense.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

Such a shame there aren't any pictures Bodvoc!   :(

However, it sounds like you had a lot of fun.  I particularly like the way you're adapting things for multiplayer games, which sounds like its working OK for you.

Also, you seem to be working a campaign narrative together.  I'm enthralled to hear about the further exploits of Baron Ironhelm.  I shall be eagerly awaiting the next instalment.   :D

Well done sir!

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Bloodaxe

Sounds like a good game. I made up a Ratmen army list based on the Skaven.