Warbands- large battles?

Started by Bloodaxe, 12 April 2015, 07:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodaxe

Ive only skimmed through the rules a few times, since Im awaiting my hard copy of the rules & only have it on PDF. But are there rules for larger battles? I didnt see any. Something over 500 points. Once you buy the mandatory General, and 200+ core troops, it doesnt leave many points for optional units. A Spell caster cuts back extra points even more.
Possibly larger battles or with more than one force. (Battle of Five Armies) Such as Elves & Men vs larger force of evil Orcs, Goblins & such.

Any thoughts?  Maybe we can get some guidelines or "house rules".

cbr3d.com

I know you just will not believe it, but nearly as soon as 'Warband' became available some members on here (   :d  ) started talking about:

Warband - Big Battles

Warband - Historical

Warband - other armies

At the moment it doesn't seem that Official 'Big Battles' or 'Historical' is planned for development within the year, though I think many members will start experimenting with both before the summer is out.  Obviously the 'Big Battles' variation will be in many ways the easiest to adapt from the present rules as it is just up to both opposing sides to agree the size of the force permitted.  {It may be that certain tweaks to the rules will have to be made to take into account some vagaries of dealing with larger armies, but this will only be found out by play testing - and that is our excuse for trying out bigger battles!  :D  }

On Warband Historical I think I have read a post by either Leon or Chieftain saying that they will be next year (possibly with the words 'at the earliest' added on).

Of course we have all started thinking about different armies and army lists from the first, I mean, what else would be expected of us!   ;D

Chieftain

Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Bloodaxe

12 April 2015, 08:16:04 PM #3 Last Edit: 12 April 2015, 08:19:48 PM by Bloodaxe
Quote from: Chieftain on 12 April 2015, 07:56:57 PM
Hi Bloodaxe,

Check out this thread:  http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11736.0.html

Cheers
Chieftain

Thanks. That's great. Maybe we can have a thread for suggestions& such, stickied. We can all suggest army lists and things. I'm looking forward to it.

AndyT

It seems the natural way of things for wargamers to find a system they like and that has potential, and then try to expand it or re-use it for other periods/genres. Quite a compliment to the author I think.

Bodvoc

This week we are planning on having 4 player game, each with a force of 350 points. Hopefully we know the rules well enough by now to get a result.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Bloodaxe

Quote from: Bodvoc on 12 April 2015, 09:59:38 PM
This week we are planning on having 4 player game, each with a force of 350 points. Hopefully we know the rules well enough by now to get a result.

Sounds great. Post a battle report.