Barbarians should soon be making an appearance, perhaps this week?

Started by cbr3d.com, 12 April 2015, 04:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbr3d.com

News from the Pendraken caverns via Leon on the 6th was that the Warband Barbarians were awaiting moulding, does that mean that we can perhaps expect the announcement this week or next of their release?   :-\     :)    >:<

After the Barbarians comes the Undead, then possibly the Dark Elves.  Accordingly there is no fixed order after that for the remaining listed Warband fantasy armies:

Dragon Men
Eldritch Vampires
High Elves
Lizardmen
Samurai Apes
Taurians
Wood Elves

Whilst waiting for the subsequent releases I have decided to build the following armies from the existing PD historic and fantasy ranges.

Dead Pharoah's Army (Tomb Kings) - utilising mainly 'Egyptian Mythology' and various packs and characters from the fantasy accessories and monsters ranges
Samurai - Obviously using the historic Samurai range mainly (yes, I know PD are producing a 'Samurai Apes army')
Renaissance Army (Empire) - Using such historical ranges as Landsknechts, Elizabethan, and other Renaissance and Medieval ranges
Knights Army (Bretonian) - Utilising Medieval ranges
Rats (Skaven) - Mixing the old fantasy Ratmen and Ratsburg ranges

Add to this all the other types of armies that could be created, and if not whole armies then units to act as allied units or mercenary units, and it sounds like a whole lot of fun painting all these up.   :D

What plans have other members got to fill in the time between releases of the new Warband fantasy armies?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good plans.
I'm looking forwards to everything up to Samurai apes, I'm struggling enough with normal Samurai at the moment!
Things I might needs to think about...
trolls?
Beastmen?
Rats?
Egyptian undead?

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: Fig.ht on 12 April 2015, 04:19:54 PM
News from the Pendraken caverns via Leon on the 6th was that the Warband Barbarians were awaiting moulding, does that mean that we can perhaps expect the announcement this week or next of their release?   :-\ 

The Warriors, Archers and Mounted have been moulded, we've got to get the Command, Shamans, Catapults, Berserkers and Mammoths done now.  We might end up doing a main release at Salute and then a website release a couple of days later.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cbr3d.com

What!!!!! :o

Oh no, two weeks to go!   :o

But Leon, you know I have nothing to paint!   ;)

Great to hear though that the Barbarians are just about ready to come crashing onto the tabletops.   :D

Mammoths to the left of of the Chieftain,
Mammoths to the right of the Chieftain,
Mammoths came thundering onto the Goblin lines. 

{Can you tell I like the the thought of having the odd pachyderm, kind of adds something to the bloodthirstiness of the battle.  Pity they cost 90 points out of a 500 point Warband, but when 'Warband - Big Battles' is developed, well then .......  :D  }

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

cbr3d.com

Quote from: Luddite on 12 April 2015, 07:49:18 PM
Mammoths and bison riders... :o

Barbarian Cavalry Army:

Mammoths = Heavy Cavalry

Bison = Light Cavalry

Goblins = Defeated Green (or Blue) Skins  :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Now I know why the Goblins have suddenly developed bolt throwers!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!