Strongholds & Camps

Started by stenicplus, 07 April 2015, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stenicplus

Given that the 100mm by 50mm and 10mm figures allows some lovely vignettes I was wondering why camps or strongholds were not catered for in the rules? Clearly we can just add them for eye candy but I always like the DBX/FOG idea of having a camp. Some of the ideas that people come up with are a joy to see.

Any thoughts?

cbr3d.com

I like the idea of camps as well.   :)

When the revised version is eventually published (most likely in a year or two IMO) I think it will be expanded so as to take into account many suggestions from the players.  Of course up till then we will all be playing games and finding new avenues for the game to go, just to give Chieftain a headache or two!   ;D

Chieftain

It's a great idea stenicplus, and I agree, the opportunity for modelling an excellent fantasy camp is not to be missed.

Ultimately, they didn't make the cut due to space and page number concerns.  Also, unlike DBx, if a camp is included in Warband it should add something to the fun of playing the game rather than being a static 'objective'.  If a supplement is green-lighted, its something i'd like to see developed as an optional inclusion.

That said, you do need one for the 'Attack the Camp' scenario (p64), and there's nothing to stop you including one as a terrain piece (rough ground?  settlement?), or just putting one down to impress your opponent with your excellent diorama skills!   :D

Also, its possibly something to consider as an elegant way to store your command points and magic points.  Make a 'camp' tray to keep these tokens herded up would be a good opportunity to 'show off'!
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Upgraydd

Quote from: Chieftain on 07 April 2015, 07:46:40 PM
Also, its possibly something to consider as an elegant way to store your command points and magic points.  Make a 'camp' tray to keep these tokens herded up would be a good opportunity to 'show off'!

I like this idea...consider it stolen :ar!

getagrip

Quote from: Chieftain on 07 April 2015, 07:46:40 PM

That really is a great idea and could be applied to many different games / genres.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.