Minibits custom hex board progress

Started by Si Tyler, 06 April 2015, 03:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Si Tyler

20 April 2015, 08:24:02 AM #62 Last Edit: 20 April 2015, 08:27:20 AM by Si Tyler
You might like these then :)

As this isn't a new project I have lots of enthusiasm for getting the terrain finished. I have spent ages working on the aircraft so I am able to get games in using the new terrain a lot quicker which in turn keeps up the enthusiasm and interest.

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

jambo1

Hertsblue

Excellent work, particularly at 1/600th.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Si Tyler

18 May 2015, 10:58:41 AM #69 Last Edit: 18 May 2015, 11:14:08 AM by Si Tyler
I have bitten the bullet a little bit and cut down the height of the eastern boards to match the original map.  It now means that the total length is approximately 80"  I have had a few games on it and must admit to falling behind on the painting a little bit.  I have done some work on the islands around Haiphong and still need to get on with getting some new sand to add to the relief.

I have changed the sea colour to a darker green but need to go and lighten the coastal areas and add the mud flats.  As usual other projects have bubbled up and I haven't been as diligent as I should have been in getting this finished.

I have now removed all the pencil markings on the target hexes and they will be getting a coat of paint this week.  I have also nearly finished redefining the hex sides on the western boards with dark green paint.

Keep playing on it rather than finishing it.  Played out 3 games so far (two USAF, one USN) have one in planning which might get played this week.

My Blog has more info and shots http://cag19.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Vietnam%20-%20Air%20Combat%20-%20D3

toxicpixie

Really nice, I really like the look of this :)

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Fenton

I am too lazy to look , what size are the hexes again please?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Si Tyler

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner