Minibits custom hex board progress

Started by Si Tyler, 06 April 2015, 03:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Si Tyler

Thud Ridge was the game that got me into this to start with.  More aligned to 1:1 represenation that a raid with 40+ aircraft involved.

Try these pages out which are my random Thud Ridge musings

http://cag19.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Rules%20-%20Thud%20Ridge

Si Tyler

Work on the Hanoi area from last night.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

That's looking excellent - like those town sectors, think they'll pan out very nicely!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

getagrip

Quote from: toxicpixie on 07 April 2015, 01:20:17 PM
That's looking excellent - like those town sectors, think they'll pan out very nicely!

Agree completely,  the scale is fantastic.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Si Tyler

The Hanoi area is still WIP.  You can just about make out the sketch lines.  THe one that sits in between the two airfields and Paul Doumer bridge will almost be completely filled with squares and rectangles, and the one to the North West has a large area that will also need filling in.  

There is a smaller area to do in between the two bridges and the ones heading out towards the Phuc Yen (No Bai) airfield are single components.

Haven't decided how to paint these yet. Tempted to do white sides with orange roofs. Might have a scout round for some air to ground pictures of the region

getagrip

Quote from: Si Tyler on 07 April 2015, 01:34:20 PM
The Hanoi area is still WIP.  You can just about make out the sketch lines.  THe one that sits in between the two airfields and Paul Doumer bridge will almost be completely filled with squares and rectangles, and the one to the North West has a large area that will also need filling in.  

There is a smaller area to do in between the two bridges and the ones heading out towards the Phuc Yen (No Bai) airfield are single components.

Haven't decided how to paint these yet. Tempted to do white sides with orange roofs. Might have a scout round for some air to ground pictures of the region

Could try and get an aerial photo from the same height and mimic what you see. :-\

Si Tyler

Hanoi and environs completed need to get on with the painting and adding in the roads and rivers

getagrip

Womble67

This looks absolutely brilliant

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Techno

Hertsblue

Coming along nicely. Are you going to add any physical features, other than roads and rivers?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

bigjackmac

Looking fantastic.

Gordon - I've got the Thud Ridge rules, too, but also never played them.  I like them, they have some interesting mechanisms and are pretty straightforward. 

V/R,
Jack

GordonY

I was looking for something like Bag the Hun but with jets and missiles, plus just like me it was cheap  ;)