List on when armies will be released?

Started by Bloodaxe, 05 April 2015, 11:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeleye

New Amazons NOT wearing life preservers PLEASE!

Techno

If/When I get to remake those......
They certainly aren't going to have 'lungs' that size !   X_X :D

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Always prefered an 'a' cup!
Or a B, or C, or D, or E, or...

Okay, maybe not Amazon big!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

cbr3d.com

Good old Herodotus said that the Amazons wore armour and it was only when stripping the dead Amazons of their armour that their enemies discovered they were indeed women!   (The women must have looked ugly then.  :-\  )

Personally though not fond of insect bites either!

Steeleye

Greeks were weird and scared of women.

Matt J

I'd like to see the Amazon's given a bit of a South American make over. Adorned with feathers, head dresses, that kind of thing - Amazons from the Amazon if you like. Gives a good contrast to the other human factions and keeps them scantily clad  ;)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Bodvoc

Amazons were thought to hail from a Scythian style background, so lots of young ladies clad in that style armed with bows and running around on horseback is what I would like to see.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Sandinista

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 07 April 2015, 02:31:24 PM
I'd like to see the Amazon's given a bit of a South American make over. Adorned with feathers, head dresses, that kind of thing - Amazons from the Amazon if you like. Gives a good contrast to the other human factions and keeps them scantily clad  ;)

A bit small for sculpting Brazillians  :D

Techno

Steeleye

If I might make a suggestion, as I started all this talk of Amazons.

I would suggest three types of 'foot' Amazons.

Type 'A'; Dressed and armed in much the same way as the male Barbarians. This would allow them to be mixed in with the male barbarians and one or two other types.

Type 'B'; Armoured Amazons, dressed and equipped in some generic style armour so they can be mixed with other periods and ranges as well as being used with the Type 'A' Amazons as 'regulars' or 'noble' infantry.

Type 'C'; Skirmishers, nude or semi-nude figures armed with bows and javelins. These can have all the feathers and stuff to make them look like 'savages' while at the same time allowing them to be used as light infantry for the 'A's' and 'B's'.

Also needed are some good horse mounted types (why did the designer of the old range mount them on camels?), plus of course command and magic figures.

I think I've been thinking about this too much, for inspiration just type in 'Female Warriors' or 'Warrior Women' into Google Images.