The Dwarves march to war.

Started by Bloodaxe, 05 April 2015, 04:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodaxe

I wonder if Dwarf Noble riders would fit on Orc warboars. Dwarves need a manly mount. ;)

A goat or ram would be cool too.

Luddite

Quote from: Bloodaxe on 07 April 2015, 09:01:20 PM
I wonder if Dwarf Noble riders would fit on Orc warboars. Dwarves need a manly mount. ;)

A goat or ram would be cool too.

Oh yes!

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Quote from: Luddite on 06 April 2015, 01:10:57 AM
Sorry Bloodaxe, i'm not sure.  I actually think they might even be from the Gnomes range (FGN2)??  Not sure - i bought them a few years ago.   :(

I'm pretty sure they are Gnomes

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Bloodaxe

08 April 2015, 06:07:23 PM #34 Last Edit: 08 April 2015, 07:04:58 PM by Bloodaxe
I revived my Warmaster blister today.  Dwarf Throne of Power (General) with 6 guards/throne bearers, Anvil of Doom with Runesmith on top (Spell-crafter) along with 2 guards, Bugman (?) with a mug/stein. A chained pet bear with trainer or jester(?) not sure on the last fig.  They will make a unique & easily identifiable General & spell-crafter for sure.  
I have not heard back from Great hall games after several emails and a week, So I'll be moving on. They lost a $100+ order easily. They replied initially then nothing, even after I sent 4 more messages. Shame.
The War Store does not have warbands as of yet, but they have some older fantasy stuff from Pendraken.
I may just bite the bullet and order direct from Pendraken. I was hoping to avoid the shipping (Im from USA) , but I dont want to wait on these other shops forever.

Something like this: (mine are new/unpainted)

fsn

Quote from: Bloodaxe on 08 April 2015, 06:07:23 PM
I revived my Warmaster blister today. 

Do you get a Warmaster blister from too much frenetic Warmastering?

Order straight from Pendraken! With every order you get a free whiff of Middle-Borough air!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bloodaxe

Ordered my Warbands rulebook, along with dice/fames, counters/tokens, bases. 
Hill Dwarf starter army set ( command, wizard, riders, shooters, artillery, 3 warriors)
3 command
1 shooters
2 berserkers
1 artillery
1 gyrocopter
1 earth elementals
Also some extra hammers, handguns, command, and flame throwers to beef up units. Along with my WM throne & anvil, i think im set. I may add extra warrior units later if needed.

Techno

Looking forward to seeing this progress, Bloodaxe !  :)
Cheers - Phil

Bloodaxe

Quote from: fsn on 08 April 2015, 08:19:57 PM
Do you get a Warmaster blister from too much frenetic Warmastering?

Order straight from Pendraken! With every order you get a free whiff of Middle-Borough air!

Ha!
I guess I should say blister pack? Maybe not.....

You see the @$$ selling sandwich bags of "concert air" on Ebay?

FierceKitty

I don't see why dwarves shouldn't also have magical abilities. They're celebrated for both magic rings and helmets of invisibility, for a start. And I remember the Dwarf wizards Kodak and Xerox an Australian friend used in Tunnels and Trolls back in the 80s; species wasn't too much of a problem.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Bloodaxe

Quote from: FierceKitty on 11 April 2015, 02:41:50 AM
I don't see why dwarves shouldn't also have magical abilities. They're celebrated for both magic rings and helmets of invisibility, for a start. And I remember the Dwarf wizards Kodak and Xerox an Australian friend used in Tunnels and Trolls back in the 80s; species wasn't too much of a problem.

Its a game. You can do whatever helps you have fun. Ive just played Warhammer awhile, so I like my Berserkers (Troll Slayers) to have orange hair, Dwarf RuneSmiths destroy magic- not cast it, not have Dwarf pony riders, etc.  Not a big deal.  I may do things different in Warbands anyway.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Watch this shiny object...
:!!
Look into my eyes, not around my eyes, in my eyes...
@-)

The hold of the EE is great upon you, resist... Resist... Resist...

Tolkien frequently has Dwarfs on ponies.
It's your own fantasy world, your armies can do what you want...
You will awake in 3... 2... 1...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bloodaxe

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 April 2015, 07:36:04 AM
Watch this shiny object...
:!!
Look into my eyes, not around my eyes, in my eyes...
@-)

The hold of the EE is great upon you, resist... Resist... Resist...

Tolkien frequently has Dwarfs on ponies.
It's your own fantasy world, your armies can do what you want...
You will awake in 3... 2... 1...

Yeah, I know. I just like it that way. (no ponies) I could get behind rams or something, but not ponies. Pony rides sound like a six year old's day at the fair, not a battle-hardened Dwarf warriors mount to war.