Just been on eBay - made me laugh!

Started by cbr3d.com, 03 April 2015, 11:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbr3d.com

03 April 2015, 11:34:00 AM Last Edit: 03 April 2015, 12:04:19 PM by Fig.ht
I just looked through eBay and looked at Warmaster figures - single packs going rate up to £30!   ;D ;D ;D  

I wonder how long it will be before many of the warmaster players come over to Warband?  

Of course some will be die-hards, but I reckon the majority will either take up Warband or at least utilise the great figure ranges to use in warmaster.  Of course that will be great news for PD but could create a problem that Leon will need to enslave more poor souls to toil in the dungeons just to keep up with demand!

Then there is another major problem, Techno 'Phil' - will his fingers grow back quick enough every time he slices one off so that he can keep sculpting more metal goodies?  :-\

(£30 for a minute pack compared to £4.50 - somehow I don't see how 10mm fantasy wargamers will not become Warband fantasy gamers! )

Ithoriel

Quote from: Fig.ht on 03 April 2015, 11:34:00 AM
I just did looked through eBay and looked at Warmaster figures - single packs going rate up to £30!   ;D ;D ;D  

The price is actually coming down! I've seen packs go for 80 or 90 quid.

Plenty of alternatives from Pendraken and others for those wanting to play Warband or Warmaster so I presume the GW figures that are selling are going to collectors. Perhaps GWs decision to sell to collectors and not gamers has some sense to it after all :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

cbr3d.com

There are 'other' 10mm fantasy figure manufacturers, but from what I have seen they do not match the range now being developed by PD, do not match the quality of PD and from what I have read and experienced do not match the customer support of that offered by PD.

If the prices on eBay have fallen for £80 - £90 down to £30 then that would suggest that the collectors market over-reached itself IMO.  Roll on more gamers finding Warband fantasy.   :) 

Luddite

Quote from: Fig.ht on 03 April 2015, 12:55:58 PM
Roll on more gamers finding Warband fantasy.   :) 

Aye.  Spread the word!   :D
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

getagrip

I made the move to Pendraken from GW when they stopped making the minis.

If they still made them I'd still be with them.

Another customer they burned.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Techno

I should  put the masters of some unreleased Dark Elves on there.  :-\

Before you ask...They're no good to Leon, 'cos they're too small....And I'd have to tweak them to get around I.P.  :D

Cheers - Phil

Fenton

I am a member of the fb war master group and the stuff can be found cheaper there, though a lot do use proxies
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

I picked up some Undead Chariots on EBay for £5.99 plus postage a week or two ago so not all of the items go for silly money.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

getagrip

Yeah,  there are some bargains to be had.

I think the heat's going out of it.

Everyone who plays has pretty much got what they need or are using proxies.

cbr3d.com

I would think using proxies are the way forward initially for many, which of course will be music to the ears of Leon and PD.  But of course some of those who start by using PD Warband fantasy figures as proxies will then try the Warband fantasy rules or adopt Warband fantasy figures as the norm.  Then will come Warband historical, Leon, Dave, and all those at PD must be rubbing their hands together when looking forward to the near future.  Well done to all concerned.

On a nother note I was just amazed that people were willing to pay the amounts asked, and yes I know there are cheaper auctions and BiN lots, but these are horrendous prices.  (Now why didn't I buy up a load when they started taking them off the shelves!   >:(   ;D  )

kyussinchains

04 April 2015, 10:01:46 PM #10 Last Edit: 04 April 2015, 10:04:30 PM by kyussinchains
Quote from: Fig.ht on 03 April 2015, 12:55:58 PM
There are 'other' 10mm fantasy figure manufacturers, but from what I have seen they do not match the range now being developed by PD...

This I cannot argue with :)

Quote..do not match the quality of PD...

I'd perhaps disagree here, hard to argue with the quality of Mark Copplestone's work for example, Alan Marsh at Eureka is a great talent too :) of course I'm not disparaging the fine works of Pendraken either!

Quoteand from what I have read and experienced do not match the customer support of that offered by PD.

While I sometimes wonder how PD make any money at all, considering how far backwards they are willing to bend over in terms of customer service ;) I've never had a bad experience from any other small scale producer either

I think that while some warmaster players may move over to warband (and I'm keen to try it out) there is room for both to coexist, and the expanding fantasy ranges at pendraken, driven by the development of warband, will also be a good thing for warmaster players too!
my hobby/painting blog: full of 6mm goodness coming soon, 10mm goodness too!

Home of Epic: Armageddon on the web! It's still very much alive!

my tale of epic gamers 2013 log, contains lots of yellow marines :)

getagrip

Quote from: kyussinchains on 04 April 2015, 10:01:46 PM

I think that while some warmaster players may move over to warband (and I'm keen to try it out) there is room for both to coexist.

Agree completely with this.

I'm having an internal debate as to whether I should move into Warband too. :-\