Ratmen Army list?

Started by Bloodaxe, 02 April 2015, 04:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbr3d.com

Quote from: Bloodaxe on 03 April 2015, 05:13:37 PM
The Ratmen list has many opportunities for cool models. A Screaming Bell with guard unit, large Lightning cannon or fire thrower, giant mutant rat monster. Great fun.

Bloodaxe - I think you are going to fit in here on the forum!   ;)

Hopefully I should receive the Ratmen and League of Ratsburg armies at the end of next week, so will try and get photos up next weekend.   :)

Bloodaxe

03 April 2015, 05:33:08 PM #16 Last Edit: 03 April 2015, 06:14:57 PM by Bloodaxe
Quote from: Fig.ht on 03 April 2015, 05:28:41 PM
Bloodaxe - I think you are going to fit in here on the forum!   ;)

Hopefully I should receive the Ratmen and League of Ratsburg armies at the end of next week, so will try and get photos up next weekend.   :)

Thanks!  I appreciate that! Im still waiting to hear back from Great Hall Games- but it is Easter Holiday weekend in the USA. Im looking to make an order of Rats & Dwarves.
Im trying to find some more ratmen pics. What is the rat cavalry mounted on? I think I saw wolves. (bleh) Should be giant rats.

As i dont have experience with the Warband magic system, Id just keep the Goblin & Orc spells but change the names.

1)Lightning Blast (Blade Storm)
2)Verminous Scurrying (Hunter's Tracks)
3)Gaze of the Rat God (Gaze of the Brood Queen)
4)Fear the Lash (War Cry)
5)Tide of Vermin (Consuming Rage)
6)Death Frenzy (Surge of Savagery)

You could always just use the straight Goblin & Orc list for Ratmen also. But what fun is that?!

Chieftain/Shaman - same.

Warriors- same.
Archers= Blunderbuss
Wolf riders- Rat cavalry?

Bolt shooters/Giant crossbows= ghetto blasters, assault rifles, flame throwers, cannons
Giant spiders= rat swarms
Giants & Ogres= Rat Ogres
Scouts- same.
Trolls or cave Horrors- Rat Abomination, or armored car

Rat war balloon could by a Dwarf Gyrocopter.
Rat cavalry could be Goblin Wolf riders.

Id have to see the model to see if it would fit.

Does anyone know if the Pendraken ratman balloon & Kallistra ratman balloon are the same? Do they use a ping pong ball for balloon? Prices are very different.

oubliette

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say thanks for this as it is exactly why I came onto this forum.

When I found out the rules had no rat army list I was planning to base one on the Dark Elves list but this has given me some other ideas to play with.

Paul

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good plan.  8)

Hello and welcome too
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Hi, from me, as well !

Cheers - Phil :)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

oubliette

Chieftain

Interesting list!   :)
Official Guru of our Warband rules!