Sword Beach on my blog

Started by Sean67, 29 March 2015, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean67

Jack
I've just put up a new W.I.P. For my sword beach British still got lots to do. More Para's some commandos both French and Lord Lovats. Unlike the film he wore proper battle dress with a white jumper underneath  but try finding a piper mmm!

I've just ordered another batch of 6 packs of Dwarves this will give me another 18 bases for my LOTR game. Thinking of going back to Dwarve Goblin wars. That'll give me 36 bases of dwarves, nearly equal to both my Orcs and  Rohirrim. I use the Battle of Five Armies rule book for my games but I guess other rules would work just as well. Next up will be the Khan easterlings already got elephants for them.

The modern stuff is for CWC the Soviet VDV is for the big Cold War Commanders game in September roughly 6-8 commanders a side bringing roughly Bde-Division Battlegroups to the table. My modest contribution will be the 10th Guards Tank Division and a full VDV Regt of 3 Bn's.
Ref beautiful I don't think any of my armies are beautiful but they are big so swamp the opposition. Rather have a big looking game than the same size table with 7-10 figures a side.
Regards
Sean

bigjackmac

12 May 2015, 01:29:17 AM #16 Last Edit: 12 May 2015, 01:31:21 AM by bigjackmac
Sean,

"...but try finding a piper mmm!"
I know Pendraken makes them.  I'd take a look at the WWI Highlanders, maybe even the take a chance on the Colonials (I know the Colonial Highlanders have a piper, just don't know how it will fit in with the 'pie-plate' helmets)?

Interesting regarding the LOTR stuff, and I'm a fan of CWC, wish I could be there for the big  'Hannover' fight.

And you're Sword Beach stuff is big and beautiful!

V/R,
Jack

Sean67

Some better pictures of the British Assaulting units on my blog.
Regards
Sean :D

bigjackmac

Got it, see your 6mm CWC stuff too, very cool!

V/R,
Jack

Sean67

not much on the blog the past couple of weeks.
due to moving back to UK from Bavaria.
starting a new job in London and digs not having internet access.
hopefully this week will have some new pictures up of the assaulting British Infantry for Sword Beach.
regards
Sean

Sean67

Unfortunately this blog will no longer be getting any updates for the forsale future due to me deploying to the middle east on Saturday.
I will start this blog up again once I am back
Regards
Sean

fred.

Good luck.

I look forward to more updates when you are safely back.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Best of luck Sean, look forward to your safe return and more updates
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Sean67 on 06 July 2015, 07:09:48 PM
Unfortunately this blog will no longer be getting any updates for the forsale future due to me deploying to the middle east on Saturday.
I will start this blog up again once I am back

Good luck, we'll keep an eye out for your return.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Same from me, Sean.
Cheers - Phil

bigjackmac

So, just PCS'ed and already deploying, eh?  Sounds like my kinda luck ;)

Anyway, you take care of yourself Sean, we'll be looking forward to hearing from you sooner rather than later brother.

V/R,
Jack

Sean67

Hi all
Back from the Middle East ( a lot sooner than I thought) but now back in Bavaria.
The sword beach project has been shelved at the moment but I'm working on my Soviet tank division and more LOTR
At the moment. Also just became a grandfather for the first time a few weeks ago.
Regards
Sean

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Subedai

Congrats on both your safe return and your recent family addition...now you can get on with your Gold Beach project, it's getting interesting.  ;)
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Congrats, Sean !
Cheers - Phil