Sword Beach on my blog

Started by Sean67, 29 March 2015, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean67

The start of my year build of Sword Beach
Two regiments of Pendraken Germans for 716th Division as the defenders then two under strength company's of Osttr Truppen.
http://seanstoysoldiers.blogspot.co.uk
Regards
Sean

Techno

Who's been a busy little bee ?   :-bd
Cheers - Phil

getagrip

Love the fact you're using under strength companies; I love games where you're scratching around for resources.

Lovely job Sean :-bd
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Sean67

Gets grip
My thinking behind the under strength company was most of the Osttr Truppen were ex Soviet prisoners of war so first chance they get they'll be off.
Techno
I have the british assault infantry half painted as well as 2 Bns of 6 Para Division. Got 12 tanks to finish of the invading force. Got over 20 german AFV's to paint for both 21pzr Div counter attack then 1/12 SS Pzr Divisions
So still got a ways to go yet
Regards
Sean

Techno

Look forward to seeing them, Sean.  :)
Cheers - Phil

Sean67

Some more updates on my blog this time showing some of 79th Divisions funnies.
Regards
Sean

Subedai

Lorra, lorra decent looking stuff there.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Looking good, that man !  8)
Cheers - Phil

Womble67

You've a got blog their

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

Very cool, I hadn't seen this blog before.  That's quite an ambitious Normandy project, I look forward to seeing it move along.

V/R,
Jack

Sean67

Hi Jack
You haven't seen the rest of it yet lol  ;D
Got the sea borne infantry to finish up to go with the tanks.
Got 6 para still to finish that's just for round 2
Then I've got elements of 21st panzer and elements of 12th SS to finish buying and paint then haven't decided which one but elements of either 7th tank division (Desert Rats) or 1st Guards tank division.
Regards
Sean

bigjackmac

Sean,

The gear looks great, but my favorite part is the sheer size and scope of the project.  With that in mind, I think you have to go 1st Guards and 7th Tank Division.

I'm really feeling the itch to have some sort of 'capstone' project like this, to just make it as big and beautiful as possible (right now I have a slew of small, dingy-dirty 'armies,' nothing to be proud of, just good enough for gaming.  I want something big like this.  I salute you, Sir!

I've got Mother's Day this weekend, so not a lot of time for gaming, but Father's Day is looming on the horizon, which, for me, is a "minis buying" holiday.  Probably need to throw some serious cash at Leon, roll up my sleeves, and get to work ;)

V/R,
Jack

Sean67

Jack
I think your Kampfgruppe Klink is something to be proud of.
Sword beach is only this big because I work away from home for months at a time. Really not much to do bar drink or find a hobby when you live in a hotel.
If you look round my blog you'll see I have lots of different things in progress. Nearly finished my 6m not imperial guards Infantry Division for FWC that's 9 Bns of 9 infantry bases.
Still building my LOTR armies (just started 18 bases of Copplestone Dwarfs).
Also I'm just waiting on an order of 1/300th scale BMD from heroics and Ros to complete my Soviet VDV Rgt. This will complement my Soviet tank Division for CWC.
Regards
Sean

bigjackmac

Sean,

Thanks man, and I'm proud of KG Klink in terms of the knocking out fights in the campaigns, but what I mean is that I want to have a couple armies that are absolutely huge and absolutely beautiful.  I don't know if I can pull of the beautiful part, but huge I can do  :-[ :-[ ;)

It's a great blog you've got there, I particularly like the various modern 1/300 stuff.  I need to look into the LOTR stuff, I like it and my son loves it!

V/R,
Jack