Q of the Week: Choosing projects?

Started by Leon, 17 August 2010, 12:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Often a nice new range of figures will spark an interest in a period, which happened recently when I saw some of the lovely examples of AWI figures posted by other members of this forum. The same has happened with the recent addition of the Pacific theatre Marines and Japanese.

An article in a magazine or reading of something interesting or obscure in a book will do the same thing.

FierceKitty

But people might be seduced by a really alluring range of new figures and a bit of a marketing push. It's happened to me, I know that.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

republic of tolworth

What like the new immenant range of Aztecs :'( :D?
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Leon

Quote from: republic of tolworth on 26 August 2010, 08:01:23 AM
What like the new immenant range of Aztecs :'( :D?

I'm sure there's a feature on the Forum somewhere which allows me to change a word whenever it appears.  I think I'll tell it to change 'Aztecs' to 'aubergine'...

:P
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista

Quote from: Leon on 26 August 2010, 06:46:14 PM
I'm sure there's a feature on the Forum somewhere which allows me to change a word whenever it appears.  I think I'll tell it to change 'Aztecs' to 'aubergine'...

:P

Surely you meant change 'Aztecs' to medieval/renaissance middle eastern  ;)

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 26 August 2010, 07:02:22 PM
Surely you meant change 'Aztecs' to medieval/renaissance middle eastern  ;)

Ahh, I forgot about those!  Right then, 'Renaissance Middle Eastern' will now be 'caterpillar'...

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Well, there are a lot of us who'd buy an aubergine army.... (actually could be a lively HoTT army).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.