No Boar riders in the Goblins & Orcs list?

Started by blacksmith, 25 March 2015, 09:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksmith

There are Boar Riders in Pendraken's catalogue but I fail to see them in the Orcs & Goblin list. Leon, it would be really nice to have their stats and include them in the Orcs army.

getagrip

Quote from: blacksmith on 25 March 2015, 09:27:43 PM
There are Boar Riders in Pendraken's catalogue but I fail to see them in the Orcs & Goblin list. Leon, it would be really nice to have their stats and include them in the Orcs army.

Could use 'em as wolf rider subs :-\
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Leon

As getagrip says above, I'd imagine you could use the wolf-rider stats for them?  The boar-rider figures (and the Orcs in general) won't be moving over to the new Warband ranges, so they weren't included in the army lists.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

blacksmith

I could do that, but I was thinking of two class of cavalry for Orcs, Wolf riders as light cavalry and boar riders as heavy charging cavalry.

getagrip

Quote from: blacksmith on 25 March 2015, 09:45:41 PM
I could do that, but I was thinking of two class of cavalry for Orcs, Wolf riders as light cavalry and boar riders as heavy charging cavalry.

Couldn't you use stats from another list's heavy cavalry?   Problem is though,  when you start tinkering with army lists,  you can seriously affect game balance.  :-\

Upgraydd

I think a way to treat them & the goblin chariots could be to say that they don't exist in large enough numbers to have a whole base. They could be used on wolf riders bases to signify the unit has Hero, the Boar riders &/or chariot's could be the hero & his retinue.

You could also add a few to each base of wolf riders to simply add a bit more interest to the base.

fred.

Quote from: getagrip on 25 March 2015, 09:49:52 PM
Couldn't you use stats from another list's heavy cavalry?   Problem is though,  when you start tinkering with army lists,  you can seriously affect game balance.  :-\

Allies are a core rule - so you can have a unit of heavy cavalry from another army for stats, and use Boar Rider figures.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

getagrip

Quote from: fred    12df on 25 March 2015, 10:27:03 PM
Allies are a core rule - so you can have a unit of heavy cavalry from another army for stats, and use Boar Rider figures.

Voila ;)

FierceKitty

So there's no difference between the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

getagrip

Quote from: FierceKitty on 26 March 2015, 08:51:10 AM
So there's no difference between the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf?

No, we live in a multicultural society FK, and as such, I would ask you to respect the rights of any pig, regardless of ethnicity.

All pigs are created equal.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

blacksmith

Quote from: fred    12df on 25 March 2015, 10:27:03 PM
I think I'll do what Fred suggests. Thank you all.