New masters, tanks and a truck!

Started by Leon, 22 March 2015, 03:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

22 March 2015, 03:58:19 AM Last Edit: 23 March 2015, 10:50:59 PM by Leon
Our two vehicle designers have been very busy recently, working on new sculpts and revamps alike, so here's some pics of the latest lovely models to arrive at Pendraken HQ!  Mart has previewed these elsewhere, but it's always nice to show them off again.   :D

First up is the revamped Tiger model.  We'd had some feedback about incorrect road wheels on the current model, plus it's measurements weren't exact for our usual 1:150th scale.  This is one of the downsides of having a product catalogue spanning 20+ years, as some of the older models may have been done to different specs.  This new one looks great though, Mart's done a cracking job!

(I've not fixed the barrel in place, so it's a little droopy...!)

Next up is another addition to our expanding Moderns range, the Conqueror has now arrived (or FV214 for the purists).  This is a great looking piece of kit, somewhat helped by that massive 120mm gun...!  Produced through 1955-1959, only slightly less than 200 were made I believe, as it was quickly superseded by the Centurion and later the Chieftain.

And finally, we've got another truck model by Steve Cox.  The Leyland Retriever was produced from 1939 through to 1945 and one was famously used my Monty as his caravan.  I wonder if we'll be seeing that as a diorama in the 2016 painting competition...  :-\  It's another lovely model, with a removable canvas for those wanting to leave it open.  

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

COR !!
Lovely, lovely work, chaps ! ^:)^

Cheers - Phil

fsn

:o  :x  >:<

Please fix the Tiger's gun. It looks sad!

I'm also thinking that the Conqueror would fit quite neatly into a SF range.

Will there be a driver in the Retriever? Since selling my soul to the Dark Lord (and I've still not had my change) I've become such a softskin fan. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

How the hell do you sculpt something like that!   :o

Awesome job!
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Like my skin Hard and flexible. All good models. The Retriever was also used as a workshop.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb work Mart and Steve.

Great additions.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Rob

Paint it Pink

That Conqueror does look nice and would make an excellent model for the alternative WW47+ period.
Unlike some people, I feel under no obligation to pretend that only one war-gaming scale is true, and that any others 6mm/10mm/15mm/25mm are mistaken; or that I know better than people themselves what is right for them to use. The point is precisely for all war-gamers to decide for themselves.

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/

Steve J

QuoteHow the hell do you sculpt something like that!

To be perfectly honest, it is quite easy if you have good drawings, the right tools and plenty of time. Knowing what you can and cannot cast in terms of thickness of parts etc is also rather important. I should know I've been doing it for nigh on 30 years :D.

getagrip

Quote from: Steve J on 22 March 2015, 08:22:33 PM
To be perfectly honest, it is quite easy if you have good drawings, the right tools and plenty of time. Knowing what you can and cannot cast in terms of thickness of parts etc is also rather important. I should know I've been doing it for nigh on 30 years :D.

Easy? :o

30 years experience would certainly help! ;)

Steve J

But then I can't sculpt, so marvel at those that can. Easy when you know how.

getagrip

Quote from: Steve J on 23 March 2015, 09:40:12 AM
But then I can't sculpt, so marvel at those that can. Easy when you know how.

What do you call this then?  Modelling? :-\

Hertsblue

Sounds like the Blue Peter guide to brain surgery....  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

getagrip

Quote from: Hertsblue on 23 March 2015, 10:06:16 AM
Sounds like the Blue Peter guide to brain surgery....  :D

Here's one I made earlier...might explain a few things around here :D

Steve J

QuoteWhat do you call this then?  Modelling? Undecided

To me they are models as you are working from a set of drawings of an existing tank etc. Sculpts are, to me, more free form, albeit with the correct uniforms etc in the case of wargaming figures.