6mm painting

Started by getagrip, 15 March 2015, 05:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getagrip

Just purchased my first Baccus basing pack; will have to see how it pans out ;)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Leman

I have found that some things run out faster than others. Fortunately most of the components can be bought separately from Baccus these days. First to go for me was the PVA, then I stopped using the brown wash. Everything else is still going strong after five years.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

getagrip

Didn't realise it came with PVA.

Thought it was paint, sand and flock.

Didn't really look too hard though, just bought on the recommendation.  Loads of folk seem to use it though ;)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Fenton

I know its not 6mm painting, but I was looking through some old emails and found the old Peter Dennis Hard Core design buildings that Tom Dye sent me some years back

If anyone wants them drop me a PM with your email. I think there is about 10 buildings including a chateau

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Leman on 19 March 2015, 05:44:30 PM
I have found that some things run out faster than others. Fortunately most of the components can be bought separately from Baccus these days. First to go for me was the PVA, then I stopped using the brown wash. Everything else is still going strong after five years.
Me too. Still using the 'replacement' PVA I bought in B&Q but the brown foundation wash is now ready to run out. Baccus want £6.00 for 60 ml. Is there a cheaper alternative that is just as good?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Fenton

I use the AP strong tone, but the Vallejo Sepia shade  wash might do the trick
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

Any diluted paint based wash will do for basing.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Fenton on 19 March 2015, 07:09:27 PM
I use the AP strong tone, but the Vallejo Sepia shade  wash might do the trick

I used the Vallojo Brown Shade on my first ones. Seems to work fine.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net