Clarkson Suspended

Started by Leman, 10 March 2015, 05:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Well 138,000 people seem to disagree with you.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

getagrip

Quote from: Hertsblue on 11 March 2015, 03:59:51 PM

Good, makes me more determined  :)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

mollinary

Quote from: Hertsblue on 11 March 2015, 03:59:51 PM

BBC is saying "nearly half a million" now!  :o

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

No wonder this country's f****d.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

getagrip

Steve J

Yep, worries me when so many people want him back :(.

Dunnadd

11 March 2015, 08:04:42 PM #21 Last Edit: 11 March 2015, 08:43:53 PM by Dunnadd
QuoteBBC is saying "nearly half a million" now!

Too many but still only about 1% of the adult population of the country. I'd bank on at least 5 or 10% being thick, ignorant or tosspots.

EDIT - bit harsh maybe - some of them likely just want to see what stupid thing he'll say next

getagrip

Wonder how people would feel if it was a family member who'd been punched :-\

Assault,  pure and simple.

Dunnadd

We don't know the exact circumstances. I can't stand Clarkson, but can't really condemn him on the basis of something as vague as "a fracas". If he did hit someone just for saying something he disagreed with, or for e.g insulting him in response to an insult, i agree with you. And in general words, even insulting ones, should be met with words, not violence.

pierre the shy

Quote from: Dunnadd on 11 March 2015, 08:55:38 PM
We don't know the exact circumstances. I can't stand Clarkson, but can't really condemn him on the basis of something as vague as "a fracas". If he did hit someone just for saying something he disagreed with, or for e.g insulting him in response to an insult, i agree with you. And in general words, even insulting ones, should be met with words, not violence.
its been reported in nz that they were shooting a segment somewhere near Newcastle but no onsite catering was provided and the "fracas" was about that. Top Gear is reasonably popular on nz TV's sky network i do wa
tch it sometimes but not like they don't have a car to nip down the road and get a cappachnio and a bite to eat.  ;)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

cbr3d.com

It's being said that if the BBC do end his contract he will be laughing all the way to the bank as he will make far more money elsewhere!

Orcs

Quote from: Fig.ht on 12 March 2015, 12:01:39 AM
It's being said that if the BBC do end his contract he will be laughing all the way to the bank as he will make far more money elsewhere!

I suspect thats true

And even if not he is a multi millionaire and he company made £600k profit last year.  He has enough money in the bank to live as he likes for the rest of his life

What ever the BBC do, its almost irrelevant to him

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Hertsblue

Since Top Gear earned the BBC £175 million last year I suspect that they're not going to jump to any hasty decisions.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

'Auntie's' between a rock & a hard place, as far as I can tell !
Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

Shouldn't matter what the BBC made off Clarkson last year, we pay the license fee for them to make propaganda for us to drink in.

Oh wait, are we paying twice or more now as well?

Used to enjoy Top Gear but they've become a hyper-parody of themselves and appear to be *rseholes, as opposed to interesting.  There's no reason they shouldn't be *rseholes, but the right to swing a fist ends BEFORE it connects to someones face, and there's no reason they should get to be *rseholes on national TV at our own expense.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting