The Supreme Littleness Designs website is launched!

Started by WeeWars, 09 March 2015, 03:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeeWars

Many gamers will know me from my interest in 10mm Napoleonic gaming and collecting, especially if they've visited my 1809 Blog that has been on the go now for over three years.

The terrain for Napoleonic games fires my imagination just as much as the miniatures and as a result my interest has been spurred into producing some terrain of my own design.

Inspired by the bicentenary this year, I have been diverted slightly into kicking off with an opening salvo of 1815 Waterloo buildings which, I hope, will suitably complement Pendraken's much-anticipated British and Prussian Napoleonic releases.

I'm making a tentative start with a model of La Belle Alliance – a fortuitous name, hopefully, to launch a new venture! I have attempted in the present model to include as much detail as possible given that it is a laser-cut building and of this scale, basing it on what can be gleamed from contemporary paintings and accounts and not so much on later images and current photographs. I have tried to keep the relative scale of the elevations while reducing the footprint of the building at the same time as trying to maintain the overall 'look' of the original.

While there are many laser-cut buildings being produced for other scales, I hope to do my best to provide gamers with an added reason to game in 10mm.

No price as yet but I'd be interested in knowing your initial thoughts.

Cheers, Michael

← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Excellent little model, Michael. Exactly what's needed. 10mm laser-cut buildings are pretty thin on the ground at the moment.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Very well done Michael.

Not a period I'm currently interested in but if I were ....
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

WeeWars

What about a 6mm Sumerian temple?  :)

Ithoriel

Currently working on a 6mm Sumerian dockside ... what have you got on offer for that? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

WeeWars

Are we talking something like decking on posts or stone sea wall?

Techno

As far as miniature buildings are concerned, I'd say I have a very  'untutored' eye......But that looks damn excellent to me, Michael !!  :-bd
Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Since it is intended to represent a dockside along the banks of the Tigris/ Euphrates, or possibly one of the larger canals, I've gone for decking and posts. Housing, trade stalls and an admin building/ storehouse on their way from Leven as I type.

Finally finished my little navy but, since I'm in danger of hijacking your thread and diverting attention from your great building, I'll post something in the non-Pendraken part of the forum later.

Subedai

I have no real interest in 10mm Napoleonic but can appreciate good work when I see it, and that is a nice little model. Good luck with the rest.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb!
Will these be commercially available?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Outstanding! i'll have some please??
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

WeeWars

Thanks everyone for your comments so far.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 09 March 2015, 04:23:13 PM
Superb!
Will these be commercially available?

Yes, that's the plan. Designs have been based mostly on my own projects so far but I'm happy to know what gamers would like for their wargames projects.

Bodvoc

That is an excellent mdf building, not my period but if you ever did any ancients/dark ages/medieval/fantasy then I would be interested.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

WeeWars