Dragon Men

Started by Gunhit, 06 March 2015, 10:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Not in the comp. Are they actually all Pendraken figures? I suspect not.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

Quote from: Leman on 06 March 2015, 05:50:25 PM

Ah, my bad  ;)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 06 March 2015, 05:50:25 PM

The only one I don't recognise is the standard in the middle, I'd need a better angle on him.  The others are all from the Medieval range.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Gunhit

Leon, really  ;D

Yes they are all Pendraken. The guy with the spear is the demi-lancer from the Elizabethan range ( I need to put an appropriate flag on his pole). There is additional green stuff cloaks etc.

Adrian

Leon

Quote from: Gunhit on 06 March 2015, 07:26:29 PM
Leon, really  ;D

Yes they are all Pendraken. The guy with the spear is the demi-lancer from the Elizabethan range ( I need to put an appropriate flag on his pole). There is additional green stuff cloaks etc.

:D

I recognise him now...  :P
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

getagrip

Now we've worked that out,  why didn't you enter it in the comp Gunhit?

Gunhit

Simply too late only finished them today. Also need better lighting and camera  ;)

Adrian

getagrip

Shame,  still,  next year eh?

Lovely job though  ;)

paulr

Quote from: getagrip on 07 March 2015, 07:17:35 AM
Shame,  still,  next year eh?

Lovely job though  ;)

I can hear the standard of entries moving higher already  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

Quote from: paulr on 07 March 2015, 09:35:58 AM
I can hear the standard of entries moving higher already  :)
#

Yeah, I think the competition is becoming more and more "professional."  Nice showcase for the minis though which I guess is the point ;)

Leman

Fair point. Just posted a couple of photos of dragoons - perfectly acceptable as wargame pieces, and the best I'm ever going to be able to do, but I doubt they'd have made the first cut.

nikharwood

Leman

Back on topic I have dug out a Leonardo landship in 15mm that I've had for about 15 years. I reckon I could recrew with 10mm figures and it would make a nice fantasy piece, although not sure how I could use it .

Luddite

For the Dragon Men it'd make a great centrepiece for a commander?  Or magic user?

Use it as a cannon unit?   :D

:-\

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN