Aliens

Started by jchaos79, 04 March 2015, 10:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaos79

I am planning a project that we had in mind for a lot of years, well for telling the truth since we discovered pendraken. Aliens !

There are fantastic work of Nirkharwood with a plenty force of space marines vs aliens, also remember the more recent mad lemmy aliens, and a beautiful Wayland utany facility made by... can not remember his name, but had made a great great work.

My alien project is representing the characters of the film and base them to play some mini games with the following rulesets: Crossfire (sci mod)  / Future war Commander / Aliens a mini game from Warrior company

The figures planned are:

There is a modification because instead of two bases with 3 infantry marines  I will go for three bases of 2 inf marines. Maybe Hudson + Hicks  /   Frost + Crow  / and finally Wierdbosky + Dietrich

I am asking for a little bit of help: Which army list of FWC would you use for Space Marines and which for the Aliens?

getagrip

Bishop,  synthetic?   I prefer the term: "artificial person" myself.  :D

Cannot wait to see this develop Chaos.   ;)

Great films!
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

jchaos79

Quote from: getagrip on 04 March 2015, 11:03:04 PM
Bishop,  synthetic?   I prefer the term: "artificial person" myself.  :D

Good point  :D

It could take a little bit long, as I had to wait to arrive the order with the bases (and warband rulesets). And also have some units in the paint pipeline, but the mini project is taking shape.

As I am not founding opponent in my actual city and also I do not have to much time for the hobby, I am moving to small little projects that can solo game myself.

don't forget to recommend me a list for (FWC), please :-/  (have my own ideas, but I would like to know how people handle the armylists of aliens)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

05 March 2015, 12:05:59 AM #3 Last Edit: 05 March 2015, 12:07:53 AM by mad lemmey
Glad to be an inspiration.
Two questions:
1) Why is this down under 'Non-Pendraken'
2) Where's the Sarge man? Where's the Sarge?
;D
If you want the layouts from the classic board game of Aliens, try this:
http://www.gamesbox.com/games/8020/Aliens_The_Board_Game

Warning: this will take over your life!

I'm just about to start some Aliens too...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jchaos79

Hi, good game - warrior ruleset is also very very simple, like the boar Game !

It is under non pendraken because there are a mix of Pendraken and Warrior figures, so I though it belongs to these category, but it is true also that things are not too strics here around.

FierceKitty

Quote from: jchaos79 on 05 March 2015, 05:55:35 AM
... the boar Game !

Are we back to the Boar Wars now?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Upgraydd

I'm mostly looking forward to how this turns out...mostly

pierre the shy

Quote from: Upgraydd on 05 March 2015, 11:31:02 PM
I'm mostly looking forward to how this turns out...mostly

Interesting project JChaos, please update us as you go.

how will it turn out? either just another bug hunt or everyone on the dropship is on a one way express elevator to.....LV462  :-\
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

getagrip

Quote from: pierre the shy on 06 March 2015, 10:26:20 AM
how will it turn out?

If just one of those things gets down here, then that will be all.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Maenoferren

Quote from: jchaos79 on 04 March 2015, 11:09:54 PM
Good point  :D

don't forget to recommend me a list for (FWC), please :-/  (have my own ideas, but I would like to know how people handle the armylists of aliens)
One Queen and as many Aliens as inhabitants... In the case of LV-426....158. Based on the film as many eggs as you want.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Kassad

Good idea two minis at stand. In the Colonial Marines tactical  manual two men forms a fire team.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jchaos79

Quote from: Kassad on 06 March 2015, 06:47:32 PM
Good idea two minis at stand. In the Colonial Marines tactical  manual two men forms a fire team.

Good to know. So definetively I will go for 2 per stand

Sean67

Jchaos79
Look at this page Nick even tells you the lists he's used.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Sean
http://nikharwood.pbworks.com/w/page/7825465/FWC%20Aliens%20-%20%22They%27re%20coming%22

jchaos79

Oh, thanks Sean, and also .... thanks nik!

jchaos79

20 March 2015, 07:59:35 PM #14 Last Edit: 20 March 2015, 08:02:12 PM by jchaos79
some update. The varnish took a gloss finish, and it is not suppouse to do that, anyway... marines are coming!