Forum Soapbox

Started by getagrip, 04 March 2015, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Well the first message was reading out the web address, hence my immediate suspicion! Only when listening to one later on did I realise that it was most likely him sending said messages. When I got him to check he realised that he was sending it to the wrong number. At least I can sleep in peace tonight...

Heedless Horseman

(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno II

Is it just me........ :-\

Or is it somewhat ironic that we are trying to cut down on CO2 emissions to stop Global warming......(a good thing. )......and there's a shortage of CO2 for the food/drinks industry ! :o :o :o
I'm giving up making toy soldiers and working on a way to 'scrub' Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere.

Hey !!! I got chemistry at 'O' level......I'm going to make more money than Bill Gates. ;)

(There must be someone who's actually trying to do this ?...Isn't there ?)

Cheers - Phil. :P (I've given up trying to stop posts like this....It's a waste of my time.)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno II on 23 September 2021, 10:21:44 AM
(I've given up trying to stop posts like this....It's a waste of my time.)
But you have lots of time to waste Phil....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Techno II on 23 September 2021, 10:21:44 AM
Is it just me........ :-

Or is it somewhat ironic that we are trying to cut down on CO2 emissions to stop Global warming......(a good thing. )......and there's a shortage of CO2 for the food/drinks industry ! :o :o :o
I'm giving up making toy soldiers and working on a way to 'scrub' Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere.

Hey !!! I got chemistry at 'O' level......I'm going to make more money than Bill Gates. ;)

(There must be someone who's actually trying to do this ?...Isn't there ?)

Cheers - Phil. :P (I've given up trying to stop posts like this....It's a waste of my time.

It isn't Ironic:

The CO2 that ought to be in your club soda is floating about the upper layers of the atmosphere.
It's a tricky one for "common sense" because a small quantity of solid or liquid can release a comparatively huge volume of gas.

I've not looked into solutions in any great detail because.
* I assume the big brains are looking into it.
* I can't even produce a club standard set of Napoleonic wargame rules.

Big Insect

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 23 September 2021, 11:02:56 AM
* I can't even produce a club standard set of Napoleonic wargame rules.

That is no great surprise there Steve.

A set of truly workable Napoleonic rules are the Holy Grail of wargaming - I have Napoleonic armies that have not seen the light of day for decades as I refuse to rebase them (yet again) for yet another set of "Here it is folks ... we've finally cracked it!" set of Napoleonic rules!

Getting a club set that can actually allow a game to be played in a day (let alone an evening) and that everybody actually agrees on would be a true miracle - puts solving Global Warming or the Brexit conundrum or global peace or even the NHS shambles truly into perspective.

NB: the best Napoleonic set I did once play was a 20mm game using 'Muskets & Marshalls' - very interesting combat/firing mechanism. However, it is fought at a highly abstract level. But we did finish the game in a day.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Heedless Horseman

BBC News site. Now being asked to register and sign in, This is the BBC... which broadcast to anyone in occupied Europe WW2 ! WTF!  >:( >:( >:(

Steve J

I think it's to do with the TV Licence, which now covers the BBC News website as well. Could be wrong of course.

Elliesdad

We logged on (via both my iPad and my wife's) if only so we can vote on BBCs Saturday Kitchen.
Does the celebrity guest get to eat their food heaven (something they really, really like) or their food he'll (unsurprisingly something they really, really do NOT like)?
The website and the show itself asks you to vote whether you want to see the celeb eat their food heaven or their food hell.
Unless it is a celebrity I actually like then invariably I vote "hell" - or as I tend to call it "eat sh*t and die".
Dear Marge - does that make me a bad person? 😈

Geoff

Leon

I've noticed that I can't use the BBC Sport app anymore as it requires me to register. I'll just use the SkySports one instead.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: Elliesdad on 13 October 2021, 05:08:55 PM
We logged on (via both my iPad and my wife's) if only so we can vote on BBCs Saturday Kitchen.
Does the celebrity guest get to eat their food heaven (something they really, really like) or their food he'll (unsurprisingly something they really, really do NOT like)?
The website and the show itself asks you to vote whether you want to see the celeb eat their food heaven or their food hell.
Unless it is a celebrity I actually like then invariably I vote "hell" - or as I tend to call it "eat sh*t and die".
Dear Marge - does that make me a bad person? 😈

Geoff

No , because most celebs are so full of themselves they deserve it.  :d
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno II

Quote from: Steve J on 13 October 2021, 11:13:16 AM
I think it's to do with the TV Licence, which now covers the BBC News website as well. Could be wrong of course.

Yep...I believe it's something to do with that, Steve.

I've had a BBC a/c for years...and still I get asked to register when I click on some news stories (seems to be totally random).......Fekk off !  ;)
I just click "Later"..and it's fine.

Have to admit I deleted my BBC News App..and the BBC Sport App from the tablet about a week ago.
The Beeb's News app is cr*p...And the sport app is a pain in the posterior, with the number of 'updates' it keeps throwing out.

If I want to find something out, I'll take the 'long way around'.....In the long run...It saves more time than dealing with spurious updates that are of no interest, at all.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Heedless Horseman

18 December 2021, 05:15:47 AM #327 Last Edit: 18 December 2021, 05:34:18 AM by Heedless Horseman
Why is Santa in Red ? Would have thought Val913 Yellow Ochre more appropriate for cured Reindeer Skin?  :o

Still time to repaint and educate kids in the values of a sustainable use of renewable, natural resources.

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 18 December 2021, 05:15:47 AMWhy is Santa in Red ? Would have thought Val913 Yellow Ochre more appropriate for cured Reindeer Skin?  :o 

Eveyone knows that - CocaCola Corperation in the Early 30's - prior to that it were green. Da*nd colonials again.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It hides the blood stains!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner