Forum Soapbox

Started by getagrip, 04 March 2015, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

As Ithoriel says: 'ONE member,'  'AN organisation.' I rest my case.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Ithoriel on 02 August 2015, 07:04:37 PM
I have never come across an organisation that was a singular entity in any meaningful sense, try getting a single answer to a question about process or procedure from more than one member of an organisation, for example. :) 

I'm with Bob.

But I know what you mean, Ithoriel.

Except .... on the occasions when different members of an organisation give different answers, isn't it also interesting how some people choose to pick only one answer, ignoring the rest, and attribute that to all of the members.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Westie, see Michael Gove - classic example.

FierceKitty

If you meet an organisation with a single united opinion, run for your life. They're coming to kill you for disagreeing.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Roy

Bum.

Reason why I hate painting specific uniform colours and trying to match.

I've just finished painting a figure and found out its collar and epaulettes are meant to be very dark green and not the black I've painting them as.

Hands and fingers are aching, and the brushes have just been soaped, so I'll have to do it tomorrow.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oh heck!
Will anyone notice?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

If very dark green, why not a green wash over the black.

Roy

Luckily it was a very easy job of painting some GW Caliban Green over the black painted areas.
In this case the paint job is part of a display item, so I'm having to go to town on painting detail and trying to get colours correct.
Three more crew figures (for a horse-drawn wagon) to go, and then its varnishing, gluing, basing, thread for reins, photographing and then delivering.
All of it making, one, four figure crewed, two horse pulled, 4 wheeled MDF wooden wagon - painted, which is a ball aching process! All based, varnished and completed with thread reins and traces.
Probably never to be played with!  ;D
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Roy

Balls. Big bouncing footballs!

Just found out I've only gone and painted the hats to match the trousers, when in fact the colour should match the tunic.

:'( :'( :'(

Stupid historical uniform colours!

You don't have this trouble when painting GW stuff  ;D

Tawa

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 18 May 2016, 06:28:56 PM
Balls. Big bouncing footballs!

Just found out I've only gone and painted the hats to match the trousers, when in fact the colour should match the tunic.

:'( :'( :'(

Stupid historical uniform colours!

You don't have this trouble when painting GW stuff  ;D

Well there's clever  ;D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Dr Dave

Has anyone else noticed, when referring to WW2, the media etc invariably substitute "Nazi" for "German"?

The Nazis invaded Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, bombed London etc... thankfully the Tory-coalitionists were there with the democrats to drive them back. It's the only war where they do this. The BBC is the worst, but even in the film Dunkirk it starts with "The enemy has surrounded...."

What are these people up to?

FierceKitty

Like Casablanca where the Germans always march in. Never drive, go, travel, or enter.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 15 August 2017, 11:24:06 AM
Like Casablanca where the Germans always march in. Never drive, go, travel, or enter.

Sorry, not old enough to remember that.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

That boy hasn't lived. In all the fora, in all the world, he has to go and pick this one.