Tale of X Gamers Sign up thread

Started by Sean Clark, 15 August 2010, 08:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Clark

As the title for those who will commit to this venture post here, just name and what you will be painting.

Any other discussion keep to the main thread until we get going at which time open your own thread.

Still looking at a jump of date of 1st September 2010, finishing 1st December 2010. With fortnightly updates thats only 6 posts required!

Sean
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lentulus

I am going to paint a Turkish-inspired force to oppose my "not-seven-years-war" armies.  Since my lace wars armies are fictional, my Turkish armies will be fictional too.  Sort of Frank Miller meets the siege of Vienna, with costumes by Baron Munchausen.  Expect 16th century Turks, Afghans (love the "jezail" rifles those NWF Afghans are using), Mahdists, Elephants, Zulus, war-rhinos, lizardmen....

My most recent order actually contains the first element, a pack of Tatar light cavalry to harry the European formations.  Next order still planning.

Maenoferren

Count me in ;D

Darkest Africa/Dino hunting lots of different things to keep me going for a while. Dont ask my what exactly as I added so many things to the original order I cant honestly remember :-[. once it comes I will be able to update as to what.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

This September I shall be mostly painting...SYW Prussians, probably. They should have been painted already, but I keep getting distracted by other things...

Or: something else from my original list:

- WW2 Italian battlegroup ['43 mainland]
- Dungeon Set
- Indo-China: French Paras
- Indo-China: Viet Minh
- Jacobite: British
- Jacobite: umm, Jacobites
- Sudan: British
- Sudan: umm, Sudanese
- Angolan War: SADF infantry [using Aussie Vietnam infantry]

Sean Clark

Ok for of us so far. I,ll be doing.......

Sudan, probably for Black Powder, using the.scenario in the book.

Further order being contemplated for lots of fuzzy types.
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Captain Verbeek

"My name is Captain Lucien Verbeek of his majesty King Leopold II's Belgium.  I have been given permission by the Cavenderi government to function as a military observer during Cavenderia's imperial manuevers within the borders of Bizerrca.  I will report to the Cavenderi capitol where the first three (3) battalions of Cavenderi Infantry are set to be called into active duty and shipped to Bizerrca.  As logistics are a complicated issue, considering the trans-adriatic voyage, infantry regiments have been requested to march from the capital to the port city of Spiltz on Cavenderia's Dalmatian coast for departure.  I will report on the mustering of Cavenderi troops and introduction of Military persons of interest for the next three months prior to departure of the Colonial expidition."

In september I will paint three (3) battalions of 10mm pendraken colonial British as Cavenderi troops for Battles of Empire (1 battalion per week/ 5 troops per stand/ 4 stands per battalion).  Once I establish my pace I will fill out the rest of the intial forces and begin opposition forces.  I will write about it here and on my blog.  I limited the initial output as I will be in Napa, California for a wedding the last week of September.

www.captainverbeek.blogspot.com

hurray for projects.

Non Cadmus

Nosher

I'm still up for this - currently sat in the south of france basking in 37 degree sunshine and catching up on emails/forum posts after a week touring Normandy DDay battle sites.

Its a hard life :D

I have my FOG rule books with me and am trying to decide between HYW French/English or French/Burgundian Ordonnance for my next project.

If its not to go this route then my project may well be to purchase a dungeon set and get it painted ready for playing by Dcemebre 1st.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

jchaos79

Quote from: lentulus on 15 August 2010, 10:16:12 PM
I am going to paint a Turkish-inspired force to oppose my "not-seven-years-war" armies.  Since my lace wars armies are fictional, my Turkish armies will be fictional too.  Sort of Frank Miller meets the siege of Vienna, with costumes by Baron Munchausen.  Expect 16th century Turks, Afghans (love the "jezail" rifles those NWF Afghans are using), Mahdists, Elephants, Zulus, war-rhinos, lizardmen....

My most recent order actually contains the first element, a pack of Tatar light cavalry to harry the European formations.  Next order still planning.

Thats cool!! by the way What a film Baron Munchausen!