Lamenters Spehs Mareens Project

Started by Atavus, 03 March 2015, 11:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atavus

Driven by nostalgia, I've been converting some of the old Pendraken sci fi battle armour troopers into Mk VI Lamenters marines (details in this thread: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11543.0.html).  Now I have the first couple painted up, it seemed like a good time to create a thread here to show how they look painted, and save anyone who just wants to see the finished models from having to trawl through the conversion thread.

Apologies for the differing quality of the photos.  I'm experimenting with taking photos on my phone at the moment.

So, without further ado, here's the commander all painted up:

Atavus

Here's the first marine I painted for this project (he took longest to do, ironically, as I couldn't decide on a chapter)

Finally (for now), another bolter-armed marine:

clibinarium

Nice. They could have done some damage in the painting competition.

Atavus

Thanks Clib.  I had hoped to get at least one done in time for the competition.  But there's always next year, eh?  Who knows what I'll have brewed up by then!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

Top notch; really impressive work Atavus. :-bd

Must be nice painting a mini you've created; you know exactly how it's supposed to look ;)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Techno

Very, very, very impressive.
(Have I ever worked with you ?)
Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Obviously not Phil - that's much better than yours  ;)

IanS

WHO CHANGED MY PICTURE???
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 04 March 2015, 08:40:13 AM
Obviously not Phil - that's much better than yours  ;)
IanS
WHO CHANGED MY PICTURE???

He certainly takes greater care with the finish !!.....Most impressed !!
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Atavus

Thank for the kind words everyone.  Once these guys are varnished, I hope to get the last two marines (for now) painted soon, and I'll put a group shot together.

Quote from: getagrip on 04 March 2015, 07:37:13 AM
Must be nice painting a mini you've created; you know exactly how it's supposed to look ;)

It certainly is.  Makes the painting easier too when you're not guessing what certain components represent.  There's also more freedom with conversions than when you sculpt for production.  No worrying about undercuts, or which materials you use.

Quote from: Techno on 04 March 2015, 08:24:28 AM
Very, very, very impressive.
(Have I ever worked with you ?)
Cheers - Phil

I don't think so, Techno.  But I did work with a chap named Phil during my time working in one of the Bristol GW stores at the turn of the century (okay, 1999-2000, but I love being able to use that phrase!) if that rings any bells?

getagrip

Quote from: Atavus on 04 March 2015, 01:09:35 PM
No worrying about undercuts, or which materials you use.

Got an idea, but what's an undercut?
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Steve J

Ithoriel

Quote from: getagrip on 04 March 2015, 01:12:12 PM
Got an idea, but what's an undercut?

In simple terms the deep bits of a model the mould might get wrapped round and tear as the figure is removed. That help?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data