Crush the Kaiser

Started by vonlacy, 03 March 2015, 11:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonlacy

I have bought a copy of Crush the Kaiser 1914-1915.
I like the look of them but think I will multi base the figures in squads rather than individually base each one.

Anyone played these rules?

My alternative rules would be probably Red Actions or Die Fighting.

Any thoughts?

Fenton

I must admit I hadn't heard of them before but they sound interesting
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Subedai

I bought a copy at Broadside in Sittingbourne last year and have played them once. My WW I is all 6mm and I have four Irregular blocks on a base and two of these is a battalion. I counted each base as 2 Fire Points and it seemed to work okay. The games they were displaying had all the troops individually based if that helps at all.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

"Individually based" = instant turn off. I have tackled this in Dux Britanniarum by substituting one 28mm infantryman on a penny with three 10mm figures and one 28mm cavalry figure with two 10mm on a 2p.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Dannyboy

I think the rules were originally intended for 28mm actions hence the reference to individual basing, like you we are looking at grouping figs to an element, five figs to a 40 x 20mm base, 4 bases to a company, 16 bases to a battalion. Just started so no pics but loving the figs, rules and scale