Reasonable proxy for Japanese Type 94 AT Gun

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 02 March 2015, 11:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hello All

Was just wondering if anybody could think of a reasonable proxy for the Japanese type 94 37mm AT gun:-

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Hertsblue

Tricky, Grumps. The very thin and fragile looking carriage doesn't equate to anything much. Perhaps you could file down the German 77mm WW1 FK96 field gun?

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Hertsblue

Thanks for the reply. It is indeed a tricky one. I've been mulling over a few options.

1. Scratchbuild the whole thing (just need one for now)

2. Trim down a 2 Pdr and scratchbuild a carriage.

3. Trim down a 2 Pdr and place on a modified French 25mm AT carriage (probably more work than scratchbuilding  :o).

Will see if I can get a blueprint for it.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

John Cook

The tube of the Japanese weapons was based on the German Pak 36 design I think, so that's where I'd go.  The German gun has a split trail so you'd only need to replace wheels and modify the shield.  

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

fred.

It does look like the German WWI 7.7cm gun, but I suspect it is quite a bit smaller.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Hertsblue

Almost certainly, Fred. The design of those steel wheels could take a bit of doing, I suspect.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

GrumpyOldMan

Hello All

Quote from: fred    12df on 04 March 2015, 12:22:03 PM
It does look like the German WWI 7.7cm gun, but I suspect it is quite a bit smaller.

Quite right:-

Maybe I can look at a 6mm 7.7cm with a longer barrel.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan (Have we tried renaming the "Preview' button to confuse the system?)

fred.

That is really rather small  :o

6mm could be a good call.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Dannyboy

Apologies for coming in late to the party on this one, and it's just a suggestion, looking at the low shillouette of the gun, the only thing I cam come up with is a Colonial Screw Gun, hope this helps.

http://www.pendraken.co.uk/ZC7-p3793/

Code ZC7 Mountain gun from the Zulu range, 19th Century Colonial

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Dannyboy

Thanks for the reply and it is a good thought, although I'd have to scratchbuild the trails.

I'd already come to the conclusion to scratchbuild and it is sitting half completed on my bench (like most of my projects unfortunately  :'()

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan