how many dice frames on a warband base?

Started by cmnash, 02 March 2015, 11:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyT

I guess it will just have to be a D8 alongside the unit then.

Then again you could use some other sort of marker to indicate points - flags, heads on spikes, a dial... ?

OK I'm getting a bit silly now !

Ithoriel

The Dice Shop does smaller than normal D8s as part of polysets. Not sure if they could do sets of just D8s, might be worth asking them.

If you're looking for non-standard dice they are a great place to start looking.

I'm using Ubiquity Dice for command rolls for my King of Kish rules which I first came across there when looking for a pair of average dice! White for "Inept" commanders, Red for "Competent" commanders and Blue for "Inspired" commanders.

Their +/- variation dice are a mechanism for which there is no known rule :) But I still fancy getting one or two .... I am truly lost :D

They're also the source of the 5mm dice I use to mark cohesion and to indicate a units current orders in the game.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Luddite

Quote from: AndyT on 03 March 2015, 09:15:00 AM
Then again you could use some other sort of marker to indicate points - flags, heads on spikes, a dial... ?

OK I'm getting a bit silly now !

Not silly at all!

For the command and magic points you could fashion some sort of a 'camp' diorama, with places to put the extra dice associated with the CP total?  And maybe a magic area with glass beads for the MPs?

Hmmm... :-\

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

getagrip

Quote from: Luddite on 03 March 2015, 04:15:13 PM
Not silly at all!

For the command and magic points you could fashion some sort of a 'camp' diorama, with places to put the extra dice associated with the CP total?  And maybe a magic area with glass beads for the MPs?

Hmmm... :-\

What a great idea; bill Leon for that  ;) :D
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Ironduke

How about adding pips to some of your D6s
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jblittlefield

Quote from: mad lemmey on 02 March 2015, 10:09:22 PM
Or swap colour of die once you hit 7!

That's what I do ... green, yellow, red ... up to 18 points can be tracked this way.
I use 2 (hits and morale) or 3 space trays (CPs/MPs, hits, morale)  and center them on the rear of my bases