Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
19 January 2021, 11:29:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Peninsular Napoleonic project is complete, updates coming soon!
314466 Posts in 18209 Topics by 2277 Members
Latest Member: Chalace
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Rules!
| |-+  Warband (Moderator: Chieftain)
| | |-+  how many dice frames on a warband base?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how many dice frames on a warband base?  (Read 5115 times)
AndyT
Lieutenant

« Reply #15 on: 03 March 2015, 09:15:00 AM »

I guess it will just have to be a D8 alongside the unit then.

Then again you could use some other sort of marker to indicate points - flags, heads on spikes, a dial... ?

OK I'm getting a bit silly now !
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #16 on: 03 March 2015, 02:49:24 PM »

The Dice Shop does smaller than normal D8s as part of polysets. Not sure if they could do sets of just D8s, might be worth asking them.

If you're looking for non-standard dice they are a great place to start looking.

I'm using Ubiquity Dice for command rolls for my King of Kish rules which I first came across there when looking for a pair of average dice! White for "Inept" commanders, Red for "Competent" commanders and Blue for "Inspired" commanders.

Their +/- variation dice are a mechanism for which there is no known rule Smiley But I still fancy getting one or two .... I am truly lost Cheesy

They're also the source of the 5mm dice I use to mark cohesion and to indicate a units current orders in the game.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!
Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #17 on: 03 March 2015, 04:15:13 PM »

Then again you could use some other sort of marker to indicate points - flags, heads on spikes, a dial... ?

OK I'm getting a bit silly now !

Not silly at all!

For the command and magic points you could fashion some sort of a 'camp' diorama, with places to put the extra dice associated with the CP total?  And maybe a magic area with glass beads for the MPs?

Hmmm... Undecided

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
getagrip
Major General

What a plonker!

« Reply #18 on: 03 March 2015, 05:44:30 PM »

Not silly at all!

For the command and magic points you could fashion some sort of a 'camp' diorama, with places to put the extra dice associated with the CP total?  And maybe a magic area with glass beads for the MPs?

Hmmm... Undecided

What a great idea; bill Leon for that  Wink Cheesy

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.
Ironduke
Lieutenant

« Reply #19 on: 18 March 2015, 12:11:28 PM »

How about adding pips to some of your D6s

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
jblittlefield
Cadet

« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2017, 01:14:09 AM »

Or swap colour of die once you hit 7!

That's what I do ... green, yellow, red ... up to 18 points can be tracked this way.
I use 2 (hits and morale) or 3 space trays (CPs/MPs, hits, morale)  and center them on the rear of my bases

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: