What is your best / worst performing unit...

Started by getagrip, 01 March 2015, 09:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 03 March 2015, 11:46:41 AM
I have a small boy, add a stick he is bloody lethal! (mostly to any expensive brittle inanimate object around the house)
Yep I know that feeling well....
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

petercooman

Quote from: Ithoriel on 03 March 2015, 08:32:52 PM
I have a box full of the old Micro-Machines Star Wars stuff. Not sure I want to shell out for X-Wing, given the prices of the models, when I have equivalents already.

come on, you know you want to!

In defence of x wing, i find the price to be fair.You get a nice looking, painted modeland every expansion adds something new,be it different upgrades or skills for your pilot, wich can be mixed and matched among other ships/factions, and in case of the larger ships, new scenarios.

Of course if you rather use your stuff, how would you think about using them? any rulesets you use/have in mind?

Ithoriel

Quote from: petercooman on 03 March 2015, 09:34:05 PM
come on, you know you want to!

In defence of x wing, i find the price to be fair.You get a nice looking, painted modeland every expansion adds something new,be it different upgrades or skills for your pilot, wich can be mixed and matched among other ships/factions, and in case of the larger ships, new scenarios.

Of course if you rather use your stuff, how would you think about using them? any rulesets you use/have in mind?

They were bought in the first place to use with the local club WW1 dogfight rules - worked remarkably well, considering.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Well x wing has a bit of wings of glory in it so not that odd a thought  :)

paulr

Quote from: petercooman on 03 March 2015, 11:57:30 PM
Well x wing has a bit of wings of glory in it so not that odd a thought  :)

The craft in Starwars seem to fly like aircraft rather than spacecraft so no surprises there  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Apparently the space battles were originally mocked up using WW2 dogfights - hence the idea of using the club dogfight rules. Multi-player, one ship each, pre-planned moves, lots of fun!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

getagrip

Quote from: petercooman on 04 March 2015, 11:06:54 AM
And that's what really counts, doesn't it?  m/ m/ m/

They're the first, second and third most important things about our hobby; can't help but feel some people occasionally forget that  :)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

skywalker

I love X-Wing, got into when it was released due to the fact I am a big fan, something to do with seeing the original back in 1977 and being totally blown away with the whole idea and that is uses a very similar mechanic to Wings of War got me well and truely hooked.

All I can say about the other comments is FUN is the main reason I enjoy gaming as it allows us to escape to reality for a few hours  :-bd :-bd :-bd

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

getagrip

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 March 2015, 12:17:05 PM
That is so true.
Reality phah!

;)

Want your gaming "real?"

Here's a bag of marbles; there's the M1: enjoy your game!

toxicpixie

Quote from: Ithoriel on 04 March 2015, 10:32:29 AM
Apparently the space battles were originally mocked up using WW2 dogfights - hence the idea of using the club dogfight rules. Multi-player, one ship each, pre-planned moves, lots of fun!

Watch the end of the original Star Wars: New Hope in conjunction with the Dambusters and you'll see a fair amount of almost frame by frame similarity!

Xwing? Pah, gimme a Lancaster any day :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

getagrip

Quote from: toxicpixie on 04 March 2015, 03:18:11 PM
Watch the end of the original Star Wars: New Hope in conjunction with the Dambusters and you'll see a fair amount of almost frame by frame similarity!

You make a good point ;)

toxicpixie

Anyone can fly a snub fighter down a trench, a real pilot can do it in a four engine heavy bomber with props ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

gregernest

Quote from: toxicpixie on 04 March 2015, 03:56:33 PM
Anyone can fly a snub fighter down a trench, a real pilot can do it in a four engine heavy bomber with props ;)
Don't you need air for the engines?  Just sayin'...  :o