Calling all lurkers!

Started by getagrip, 28 February 2015, 04:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accursed_pilgrim

Proper combines and goblins are both green in color. 

1st post!

Techno

A very warm welcome to you, AP.!
Cheers - Phil.

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fsn

What ho! Pilgrim.

Jolly good first post. Keep up that standard and you'll fit in just perfectly.   :P
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Almost 2 1/2 years between registering and posting...I am impressed!
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Luddite

Howdy pilgrim.  Welcome out into the light.  Its not as warm as in the cave, but the stars are wonderful!   :)

Goblins are green eh?

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Fenton

Thats not a Goblin...Thats a really old Willow

Ithoriel

Orcs and goblins are at the swarthier end of human skin tones ... except svart alfar who are black and white piebald, at least according to Alan Garner :)

Welcome accursed_pilgrim. At least, after two and a half years, you know what you are letting yourself in for :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

accursed_pilgrim

08 March 2015, 10:18:49 PM #54 Last Edit: 08 March 2015, 11:03:42 PM by accursed_pilgrim
This forum is informative and friendly with not a Troll in sight.  So thank you all.

I don't have any Pendraken figures or even any historicals at all (may help explain my lurker status) right now but the forum has convinced me.  I plan on running Blackpowder AWI and colonials with Pendraken figures in the future.  I found some great gaming and research tips and there are some amazing painters here too.

I'm not sure what I have to add to the forum but I am a regular visitor and do get a lot from it.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ithoriel on 08 March 2015, 09:22:34 PM
Orcs and goblins are at the swarthier end of human skin tones ... except svart alfar who are black and white piebald, at least according to Alan Garner :)

Welcome accursed_pilgrim. At least, after two and a half years, you know what you are letting yourself in for :)

That crawl out of the svart-mines gave me the heebie-jeebies about forty years ago.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

getagrip

Quote from: Fenton on 08 March 2015, 08:49:36 PM
Thats not a Goblin...Thats a really old Willow

;D =D>

Obscure but clever :D

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 09 March 2015, 12:47:51 AM
That crawl out of the svart-mines gave me the heebie-jeebies about forty years ago.

When I was about 16 I spent a summer holiday staying with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins in Altrincham, Cheshire. My aunt lent me a copy of The Weirdstone of Brisingamen and told me that if I read it before the end of the holiday they'd take me to see the area that story is set in. I read it in about a day and a half and as a result found myself up on Alderley Edge at sunset. So there I was, visiting the Wizard's Well and Clockhouse Wood with my mind still full of thoughts of svart alfar and the Morthbrood and Grimnir as the mist stole in. Now THAT was creepy!!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

getagrip

Quote from: Ithoriel on 09 March 2015, 11:30:52 AM
When I was about 16 I spent a summer holiday staying with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins in Altrincham, Cheshire. My aunt lent me a copy of The Weirdstone of Brisingamen and told me that if I read it before the end of the holiday they'd take me to see the area that story is set in. I read it in about a day and a half and as a result found myself up on Alderley Edge at sunset. So there I was, visiting the Wizard's Well and Clockhouse Wood with my mind still full of thoughts of svart alfar and the Morthbrood and Grimnir as the mist stole in. Now THAT was creepy!!

I always wanted to go there having read the book as a nipper.

Cracking story.  Helped fuel my interest in fantasy gaming too I'm sure.