10mm Grimdark Conversions

Started by Atavus, 26 February 2015, 11:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

I reckon a white undercoat, bit of blue detailing (head-shell, odd joints, scales) then a purple ink wash and pick out eyes and teeth/claws and 10mm not-Aliens would be 'Nidded up nicely!

The FWC skirmish amendments are quite "tool boxy" which is good in that you can tweak them however you want but bad in that you may need to tweak them :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Maenoferren

Quote from: Subedai on 27 February 2015, 07:04:40 PM
Quick rant:
They are not yurts for the Mongols, they are gers. Yurt is a Turkic word for more of a semi-permanent dwelling that can be dismantled and moved whereas gers are as nomadic as their owners.

Sorry, gets me every time.

I knew that O:-)
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Atavus

My latest Pendraken order arrived recently, and so, naturally, I couldn't wait to start converting.  The colonist to scout conversion idea simply didn't work (because the space suit helmet is so large, the gap between the shoulders is exaggerated , and the scout head looks out of place).  But here's something that has worked out.  A bit of official opposition for the Lamenters:

I just need to figure out a few gubbinz for the big shoota, and he's done :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Techno

Atavus

Finished!  Couldn't resist adding the bucket-like jaw to the model.  I think it makes him look a bit bulkier for some reason, which I think is a good thing.

And I haven't forgotten the Spehs Mareens:

I was a bit lazy, using the bolt pistol from a 28mm model, rather than sculpting a heavy bolter from scratch, so it's on the large side, but at least I'll know where the heavy weapons are on the table, eh?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

They look great, Atavus !  :-bd
Superb job !
Cheers - Phil

getagrip

Not lazy,  clever!

Amazing work  :-bd

jchaos79

The orks is superb... and the idea of 28mm bolt pistol for 10mm heavy bolter is great!

Atavus

Hi Folks!  Another assignment deadline looms, but there's always time for a little procrastination:

There's also a chaplain waiting to be finished off, but I reckon it'll be June before I can look up from my study books for any meaningful length of time :(

fsn

Nice work but I'm a little worried.
:(

Quote from: Atavus on 16 April 2015, 09:09:56 PM
There's also a chaplain waiting to be finished off,
Have you got a vicar in the cellar?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

Another belter,  lovely job.  :-bd

Techno

Absolutely terrific !
Love it, 'A' !
Cheers - Phil