2015 painting comp work in progress

Started by Jc, 25 February 2015, 02:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jc

work in progress for this year's competition. conversion of pendraken figures into Sumerians and Middinite's with scratch built battle cart   

photobucket links
http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/Simon_Cressey/library/2015%20pendraken%20John%20cressey%20work%20in%20progress

Roy

cool. that's an interesting looking collection you're converting there.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Jc

Thanks for the comments,now posted in the competition.As you will notice there is a midinite camel,this was added to balance the scene,( Perhaps i should enter it on its own in the mounted section).   It is also Pendraken converted using Sc21 from the Sudan range and one of the riders cut from the nags used for the chariot.
Talking about the onagers/horses i plumped to cut the riders of small horses though not quite accurate,and discard plan A which was to use al21 pack mules ,looked good more like onagers ,but way to big,shame really.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Jc on 26 February 2015, 10:40:17 AM
Thanks for the comments,now posted in the competition.As you will notice there is a midinite camel,this was added to balance the scene,( Perhaps i should enter it on its own in the mounted section).   It is also Pendraken converted using Sc21 from the Sudan range and one of the riders cut from the nags used for the chariot.
Talking about the onagers/horses i plumped to cut the riders of small horses though not quite accurate,and discard plan A which was to use al21 pack mules ,looked good more like onagers ,but way to big,shame really.

I'm currently fascinated by all things Sumerian and I'm building some armies in 6mm using mainly the Rapier Miniatures range.

I love the conversions you've done. The chariot is brilliant. From what I'm reading, small horses are not out of the question for Sumerian chariots. They would be rare but not unknown in Sumeria apparently. So entirely accurate, well done.

As to Sumerians versus Midianites on camels ... up there with Viking bondi taking on 5th SS Wiking in terms of chronology :)

Nicely done all the same.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Jc

Dam you saw through my fiendish plan,i know there is no evidence for riders on camels until about 1800bc but who is to say that perhaps they were domesticated before this date,as for middanites perhaps  just a wrg army list book miss interpritation,that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.Or should i have called them Amurru,or Martu,but they would looked so sad walking.

Jc

Ithoriel,thought you may wish to look at my Sumerian 6mm army mostly irregular minis with a few scratch built included.Also about 20 years ago was asked to sculpt and cast up a full 1000+point wrg sumerian army in 15mm,ended up making about 6 army's, photos of masters and a few assorted figures and box of figures,i think i have still got the moulds in my stash.To view look in the photo bucket link at the top of this page,thanks again.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data