Club Night

Started by Leman, 21 February 2015, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

Quote from: Ithoriel on 21 February 2015, 11:41:19 PM
Wikipedia says 22,210 people lived in Shetland in 2009

Yeah about right...
Club has about 15-20  regular members. There is a GW group that meets on weekends too.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Fenton

Excellent

Be nice to see some photos
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Wow, a real Shetlander; would love to try that lifestyle  :)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Fenton

Quote from: getagrip on 22 February 2015, 12:07:40 AM

Nobby is from the Shetlands
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Luddite

22 February 2015, 12:16:05 AM #19 Last Edit: 22 February 2015, 12:29:00 AM by Luddite
Thursday night at Durham Wargames Group is always busy, with any and everything possible on the table, including board games.

The last coupleof weeks has seen DBR, DBA3 (with AWI-period variant rules), Chain of Command, Bolt Action, Dystopian Wars, Hail Caesar, Black Powder etc. etc.

There's also a seperate 'fantasy/sci fi' night mostly for GW games i believe, and some other regular sessions including roleplaying.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

getagrip

Roy

Quote from: Leman on 21 February 2015, 10:12:08 PM
The 6mm scenery from Irregular seems to work particularly well with 10mm figures.

I also use 6mm buildings for 10mm games. They work perfect for me.

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

getagrip

Anyone have a photo of 6mm buildings next to Pendraken minis?

Roy

Not me, I'm afraid.

I've used Timecast 6mm 'German' buildings in games of Blitzkrieg Commander using Pendraken WW2 brits and germans.
There's the obvious size issue when the figures are placed next to the windows and doors, but the buildings smaller 'footprint' is more practical to my mind.
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

getagrip

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 22 February 2015, 11:28:51 AM
Not me, I'm afraid.

I've used Timecast 6mm 'German' buildings in games of Blitzkrieg Commander using Pendraken WW2 brits and germans.
There's the obvious size issue when the figures are placed next to the windows and doors, but the buildings smaller 'footprint' is more practical to my mind.

Thanks anyway Roy.

I agree on both points.  A 10mm building true to scale takes up a lot of "dead" space; although the Spanish Pendraken ones are a nice size.  I would like to see a scale picture before I shell out for 6mm building as I don't want them to look "silly".   ;)

Leman

The first photo in this thread is 6mm buildings next to 10mm figures, which are a mix of Old Glory and Pendraken (figures that is).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

getagrip

Quote from: Leman on 22 February 2015, 11:39:02 AM
The first photo in this thread is 6mm buildings next to 10mm figures, which are a mix of Old Glory and Pendraken (figures that is).

Thanks Leman, works okay really.  Doesn't bare close scrutiny but, quite frankly, it's a house at the end of the day  ;)

fsn

Quote from: Fenton on 22 February 2015, 12:12:08 AM
Nobby is from the Shetlands

I am, and it made me what I am today.

Think on that Getagrip, think on that.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

So, Zetland's an archaic spelling of Shetland, right ... Well, Lord Zetland (Robin Lawrence Dundas, Earl of Ronaldshay) only lives round the corner from me. Is it that bad up there?

Still, nowhere on Earth's quite like Yorkshire  :D

Maenoferren

Quote from: getagrip on 22 February 2015, 12:07:40 AM

Me...nope I came in through the sooth smooth....hence I am a soothmoother.
It is a good place to live though :) bearing in mind I came from mid Northumberland so not a city boy :)

The main b*gger is the cost of getting off the island.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!