Club Night

Started by Leman, 21 February 2015, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Last Thursday there was an awful lot going on down the Liverpool club. First off my own 10mm SYW game, the biggest we have yet staged. The Austrians are struggling a bit against the Prussians, but four units of Austrian Cuirassiers are due to arrive. Rules are FOB2.

Second game running was a 28mm WSS game: Austrians v. French in Northern Italy using Impetus Le Roi Soleil.

Third game was 10mm Crimean War using Black Powder - cms instead of inches.

There was also a WWII boardgame going on, but we don't talk about that. So, my question is what is happening down other clubs at the moment?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

Not that I go, but I would imagine my local club (The Shire - located, Catterick Garrison) is playing lots of science fiction games along the lines of WH40K / Hordes (or some't like that) / Warmachine (I don't know what this is).
They might sometimes play Bolt Action (I'm told).

I popped along, tried to get enthusiastic but was off-put by the lack of historical games, and haven't been back since.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Steve J

Some lovely looking games there 8). No interest in club gaming at present for a variety of reasons, but good to see a club with a good few historical games on show.

Nosher

We do quite well at Sudbury & District WC.

most fridays there are 30 players and historicals are in the ascendancy at the moment with lots of different games going on including Chain of Command in 28mm, 15mm and even 10mm. Bolt Action. SAGA. Blucher. Muskets and Tomohawks. Battlegroup WW2. Dead Mans Hand.

There are some trading card gamers and WH40 is still big. You can usually see a Dreadball or Bloodbowl game going on too.

We often have multi-player big table bashes too although ive not been able to make one of thise nights for a while. The last one i got involved in was massive.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Westmarcher

Good eye candy, Leman.  Cheers. :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Subedai

Nice Pictures, good looking armies. I had to do a double take on the 28mm WSS game, the figures so reminded me of the old 20mm Les Higgins range.

Haven't been a member of a club for about ten years now.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Some splendid looking tables there, Bob.  :-bd
Cheers - Phil

getagrip

Quote from: Techno on 21 February 2015, 07:22:42 PM
Cheers - Phil

Agreed, what make are the buildings in the first piccie Leman?
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Leman

The buildings are a mixture of Peter Dennis card buildings and Irregular 6mm buildings, mainly from the Renaissance settlement, but there is also a French two storey building. The 6mm scenery from Irregular seems to work particularly well with 10mm figures.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

paulr

Quote from: Techno on 21 February 2015, 07:22:42 PM

Seconded

Interesting how good the 10mm games look compared to the 28mm  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Maenoferren

Our Sherland club is going strong, mixture of games..role play and historical wargames every week.

good looking games down in Liverpool :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Fenton

How many members does your club have?. In my ignorance I imagine about 100 people living on Shetland
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

Wikipedia says 22,210 people lived in Shetland in 2009
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

I looked but up as well. I think I put it down to watching too many history programmes showing derelict cottages and empty moor land everywhere
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!