Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
18 October 2021, 02:37:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've released an excellent MDF Siege Tower and Trebuchet to our Medieval range!
331852 Posts in 18925 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Jemima Fawr
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Rules!
| |-+  Warband (Moderator: Chieftain)
| | |-+  Warband Rules and figures - Now available!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warband Rules and figures - Now available!  (Read 54306 times)
Chieftain
Lieutenant

« Reply #30 on: 20 February 2015, 04:42:14 PM »

Good news on the Barbarians but I don't think a 25-foot pack will fit in my letterbox  Wink Cheesy

Grin

Official Guru of our Warband rules!
AndyT
Lieutenant

« Reply #31 on: 20 February 2015, 04:56:51 PM »

Goblin/Orc order placed  Smiley

Some of the prices for dice frames, paints etc are slightly different when comparing the Pendraken and Minibits websites. Only pennies involved but do they operate as separate companies or should the prices be the same?
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #32 on: 20 February 2015, 05:59:57 PM »

Order received, we'll get those sorted and posted out asap!

Some of the prices for dice frames, paints etc are slightly different when comparing the Pendraken and Minibits websites. Only pennies involved but do they operate as separate companies or should the prices be the same?

They're two different companies, so with Pendraken being VAT registered we have to charge a little more on that site to cover the taxman...  Sad

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #33 on: 20 February 2015, 06:36:58 PM »

And we're upto No.2 on the Wargame Vault 'Hottest Titles' lists now!  http://www.wargamevault.com/index.php

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!
paulr
Field Marshal

« Reply #34 on: 20 February 2015, 06:47:11 PM »

And we're upto No.2 on the Wargame Vault 'Hottest Titles' lists now!  http://www.wargamevault.com/index.php

Applause Applause Applause

Lord Lensman of Wellington

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Ken
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #35 on: 20 February 2015, 07:16:17 PM »

Purchased and downloaded my copy last night. Just had a quick once over last night, but I like what I saw.  Thumbs up

Based on what I've read, I do hope there might be the option for an ancients version/supplement to it in the future.  Cheesy

Luddite
Brigadier

« Reply #36 on: 20 February 2015, 07:20:59 PM »

Cheesy

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN
getagrip
Major General

What a plonker!

« Reply #37 on: 21 February 2015, 08:48:39 AM »

Cool

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.
cardophillipo
Playtester
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #38 on: 21 February 2015, 10:33:13 AM »

Got my copy a couple of days ago, just had a quick look through. Looks good! Are there any plans to release more army lists as I have a load of Normans/Saxons in 10mm that I was hoping to use but they don't seem to fit in to any of the army lists. Although they could fit in with the Dragon Men.

Look forward to trying the rules out soon.

Cheers

Richard P  Smiley
Chieftain
Lieutenant

« Reply #39 on: 21 February 2015, 11:02:10 AM »

Got my copy a couple of days ago, just had a quick look through. Looks good! Are there any plans to release more army lists as I have a load of Normans/Saxons in 10mm that I was hoping to use but they don't seem to fit in to any of the army lists. Although they could fit in with the Dragon Men.

Look forward to trying the rules out soon.

Cheers

Richard P  Smiley

Hi cardophillipo,

At this stage, the answer is, 'we'll see'.

However, I'd suggest 'thinking outside the box', on what each army looks like.  Warband was written to be deliberately non-prescriptive about what your army looks like, so you can use your imagination!  And an interesting colour scheme can make historical figures look 'fantasy'!

I would therefore say you could use your Normans/Saxons as:

Barbarian men, Dark elves, Dragon men, Eldritch vampires (thralls) High elves, Undead, or Wood elves.  Of course you'll need to add to them with some of the more fantasical elements!

Official Guru of our Warband rules!
cardophillipo
Playtester
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #40 on: 21 February 2015, 11:05:46 AM »

Thanks for that, the elves idea sounds interesting. Will there be anymore Dragon figures?

Cheers

Richard P  Smiley
toxicpixie
Major General

« Reply #41 on: 21 February 2015, 11:21:02 AM »

Hi Richard! Migrating from the Commander forum I see Cheesy

Rules are getting more and more tempting. Argh.

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Playtester
Field Marshal

« Reply #42 on: 21 February 2015, 01:02:26 PM »

WHO LET HIM IN !!!!
Took youse long nogh...Hi Rich
IanS

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #43 on: 21 February 2015, 02:03:06 PM »

Will there be anymore Dragon figures?

The Dragon Men will be a brand new range of sculpts and will be making an appearance after we've got the majority of the revamped ranges done first.  There will also be some extra Dragon poses coming as well.

Cool

Leman
Field Marshal

« Reply #44 on: 21 February 2015, 02:05:51 PM »

to be honest I'm likely to use what I already have, as it is a shedload of late medieval and Renaissance stuff.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: