Pendraken acquires Blitzkrieg Commander family of rulesets!

Started by Leon, 16 February 2015, 10:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

My own stuff is intended for Kursk so later in '43 than you're looking at.

I posted bits and pieces about my German forces in this thread

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8613.0.html

Inevitably I have more German stuff and a whole Russian force still to paint  =)

I'd be interested to see some pictures of whatever you come up with.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

This thread has sent me off to the battlegroup generator to make some lists for mid ish Ost front. Dang you, tempting me for yet more bits of the war I don't have immediately to hand :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

stevothedivo

Congratulations on the acquisition Leon & Co. - not a bit surprised, it's an almost natural evolution.
Look forward to see what direction the rulebooks take, in particular with your slew of releases, new periods and of course the Future War Commander IP (sci-fi expansion in the works? Dent in DZC's 10mm sci-fi stranglehold?)
Ummm....interesting gossip times ahead (not that I lose sleep over it but do follow industry developments in the hobby we love so much....)
Hey if you want to launch a Kickstarter campaign offering lots of stretch goals for the re-publication and starter armies/lines - THIS DOWNUNDER MONKEY's in!
;D
Never trust a camel or any other creature that can go without a drink longer than a week.<br />Never drive a car when you're dead - Tom Waits (Telephone Call from Istambul)

ffoulk

Is there a release date yet and will you be taking advance orders?

Does it cover the whole WW2 period or is it targeted at mid-late war?

Cheers
Steve

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The old version covered the whole war (when I read it at the weekend).
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Existing version starts with the Spanish Civil War, The Winter War and The Far East (37-41) and goes on to cover the whole of WW2. One of the attractions of the rules was the all-in-one-book coverage of the extended conflict.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Tawa

Quote from: Ithoriel on 11 February 2016, 03:18:35 PM
The Winter War.

A mate of mine once pulled a Finnish lass due to his knowledge of said war.......  ;D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Techno

You're going for an Oikish Knighthood for next year, aren't you ?  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Leon

Quote from: ffoulk on 11 February 2016, 11:50:38 AM
Is there a release date yet and will you be taking advance orders?

Does it cover the whole WW2 period or is it targeted at mid-late war?

The rules will span the same period as originally, so all of WWII including the Winter War. 

At the moment the plan is to do a separate supplement for the SCW though.  I know people prefer everything in one book but we've got such a large SCW range that we'd like to expand on the original two army lists in BKC and produce a small (probably pdf) supplement that can add in some more flavour for the period and with more army lists.

There's no release date as yet and I'm not sure whether we'll be doing advance orders on it, I'll have a think on that.  We should have the completed text back to us very soon and then I can get started on the layout/formatting.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It should also cover the Korean war. CWC should start in 1956....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Tawa

Quote from: Techno on 11 February 2016, 05:44:17 PM
You're going for an Oikish Knighthood for next year, aren't you ?  ;)
Cheers - Phil

That would be rather splendid......  :D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

AJ at the Bank

Any update for the expected release of the new rules please?
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Womble67

As I understand it they are back with Leon and he's proof reading it and reformating the layout then printers

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sundaygeneral

06 May 2016, 11:13:19 PM #118 Last Edit: 06 May 2016, 11:18:42 PM by sundaygeneral
Hi,

I readed that a french version of BC2 was available in the past, will it be available again ? On Lulu I didn't find it.

Thank you !

barbarian

Never saw the french version. Didn't know there was one.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!